theude4bides

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2011
Hey there- I posted about a week ago (thinking that my gpu might be the culprit) asking the community for ideas on getting more fps in skyrim with my AMD rig. I was educated by you on how the game is more cpu dependant than you would expect and only uses 2 cores (and some say poorly coded game bc of this), etc. Anyway, the thread was closed because it turned into this completely out of control flame war. I get why they closed it. No issues with that at all. However, I didn't get the chance to thank those that were helpful or to update you on the outcome.

That said, thank you to those out there that are genuinly helping folks like myself. And for the update... I OC'd my cpu to 3.7ghz (from 3.3), and the gpu from 600 mhz to 850 mhz. The purists out there might torch me for using AMD Overdrive to do it, but my disclaimer was that I'm a noob to pc builds and OC'ing.

The result was excellent. I am now playing the game on Ultra settings with slightly more smoothness of gameplay than I was getting on the High settings prior to the OC. Just to remind you here is what is in my box:

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.3 GHz
GIGABYTE GA-880GM-USB3 REV3.1 AMD 8 Series AM3+ Motherboard
8GB DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6850 1 GB
600W ps
(Has 3 case fans & stock fan on the cpu)

Anyway, the nice thing is that I didn't have to go x-fire, or ditch the cpu for an i5! Next on my agenda is to water cool this baby to get even more out of the OC!

Thanks again!

TRENDING THREADS