Gigabyte 560 SLI problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mkvarner

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
I am having some problems after i bought 2 Gigabyte 560s and put them in SLI.
In Battlefield 3 i suddenly drop from 70 fps down to 30 and the game becomes unplayable. When i run Furmark no fps drops appears and i stay below 60 degrees.
Tried both the newest Beta drivers and Recommended drivers.

Other system specs:
750w power supply
i5 2500k @4,3ghz
Asus P8P67 Pro
8gb Vengenance 1600mhz ram.

Does anybody know a way to solve it?

Solution
Hey there have the same gpu set up as you with 2 x Gigabyte 560tis in SLI and encountered the same problem.

Firstly like in that other discussion that mousemonky posted he is right , you gotta drop the MSAA as it does eat up your vram in Ultra and then starts to eat up your system memory. Keep an eye on your ram usage and turn off anything running in the backround.

Secondly go to the Gigabyte website and download the bios updater for your model card to the latest bios version. Make sure you update each cards bios individually.

Thirdly , overclock them and give them more voltage

Fire it up and see if it runs smoother with less fps drop outs.

I'm running a similar setup on a 620w PSU. ;)

Mkvarner

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012

Of course i have, or i would never get 70 fps.

Mkvarner

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012

Is there a way i can use my RAM as VRAM? Heard about that before.
If it works, how do i do it?

monsta

Splendid
Hey there have the same gpu set up as you with 2 x Gigabyte 560tis in SLI and encountered the same problem.

Firstly like in that other discussion that mousemonky posted he is right , you gotta drop the MSAA as it does eat up your vram in Ultra and then starts to eat up your system memory. Keep an eye on your ram usage and turn off anything running in the backround.

Secondly go to the Gigabyte website and download the bios updater for your model card to the latest bios version. Make sure you update each cards bios individually.

Thirdly , overclock them and give them more voltage

Fire it up and see if it runs smoother with less fps drop outs.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.