Folder Options? Grouping?

While saving music files in the "My Music" folder I can't
seem to make it stop automatically grouping like files.
Example: If you download a series of music by Elvis, you
start with them in the line up with everything else, then
the system creates a folder within the "My Music" folder
called "Elvis" and pulls those files into it. This
drives me crazy! I'm looking for a fix to make this stop!
7 answers Last reply
More about folder options grouping

    Hi Clayton,

    Which program are you using to download music files ? The program itself might be creating such directories and placing
    the files there. If you download any files/music through IE, it will prompt you to specify the download location.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Clayton" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19ec01c4ac8b$46aea9e0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
    > While saving music files in the "My Music" folder I can't
    > seem to make it stop automatically grouping like files.
    > Example: If you download a series of music by Elvis, you
    > start with them in the line up with everything else, then
    > the system creates a folder within the "My Music" folder
    > called "Elvis" and pulls those files into it. This
    > drives me crazy! I'm looking for a fix to make this stop!

    I'm using Win MX, but I don't see how that has anything
    to do with it. I usually have to change the name of the
    file anyway to be consistant with the look I want. It
    appears to me to be an "enhancement" that windows thinks
    you would want.

    Hi,

    WinMX is a third-party peer-to-peer file sharing program. As far as i know, the program is saving the file to the
    specific location. You might want to look into the options of the program to see if you could change the save-to
    location.

    --

    "Clayton" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0dbb01c4ac96$01b33490$a301280a@phx.gbl...
    > I'm using Win MX, but I don't see how that has anything
    > to do with it. I usually have to change the name of the
    > file anyway to be consistant with the look I want. It
    > appears to me to be an "enhancement" that windows thinks
    > you would want.

    It is saving them to the right file. Only after they are
    downloaded and saved on my PC do the changes occur, that
    is why I feel it is a Windows option.

    Hi,

    Launch Windows Media Player. Click on tools > options and flip to the 'Library' tab and uncheck 'Rearrange music in rip
    music folder...' This might probably be causing the issue.

    --

    "Clayton" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1c7301c4acae$5a8c2f00$a401280a@phx.gbl...
    > It is saving them to the right file. Only after they are
    > downloaded and saved on my PC do the changes occur, that
    > is why I feel it is a Windows option.

    Thank you, I will try that. This is the first I have
    heard of that option!

    Hi,

    Well Windows Media Player has the option to re-arrange your music files according to artist info etc etc. I am not sure
    if that is causing this issue but its worth a try ! Good luck !

    --

    "Clayton" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:252c01c4ad55$7c86a200$a401280a@phx.gbl...
    > Thank you, I will try that. This is the first I have
    > heard of that option!

Configuration Music Microsoft Customization Windows XP