Green and red dots on screen with HIS 6770

Status
Not open for further replies.

miladpourkhorshidy

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
I upgraded my pc yesterday, I installed a 32 bit windows 7. I updated it. I Slept and when I started windows this morning there were green and red dots on the desktop screen. I Updated my drivers and then none of my games worked !! I changed my windows to enterprise version and i wroked with it for 3 or 4 hours and it was clean. I shut down it and 3 hours later started it again and again there were those goddamn dots. I deleted the driver and dots went away and I installed a previous version of driver and yet I haven't seen any dot. But I am pretty sure they will show up again. Plz Help. I just bought it yesterday :(

Solution
As the other guys have already pointed out your video card was dead on arrival.

Usually whenever you see weird colors on your screen (and it's not dead pixels, or a loose cable) it's usually a manufacturers defect.

digitalzom-b

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
Do the dots show up in the same spot?

Also, are you using a 32-bit driver?

Also, I'd try these steps when installing drivers.

Download driver sweeper from phyxion.net/item/driver-sweeper.html
Uninstall your video driver from add/remove programs, and then restart into safemode.
Run Driversweeper to remove your ATI graphics driver remnants (see website for manual if unsure).
Restart your system and install the newest driver (be sure to not run any other programs while installing video driver, it's important that the system focuses on this as you don't want to risk corruption).

miladpourkhorshidy

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
No, They are not in the same spots. Sometimes just one on taskbar and sometimes lot of them on desktop screen or even browser screen. Everywhere !!!They get removed when i move pointer over them. I have installed 32 bit version of my gpu driver but I don't know about other drivers bcause it was automatically installed by my mb's Disk. Thank You For Helping me.

digitalzom-b

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011

Check my reply again, I updated it quite a bit for some options to reinstall the driver;
Download driver sweeper from phyxion.net/item/driver-sweeper.html
Uninstall your video driver from add/remove programs, and then restart into safemode.
Run Driversweeper to remove your ATI graphics driver remnants (see website for manual if unsure).
Restart your system and install the newest driver (be sure to not run any other programs while installing video driver, it's important that the system focuses on this as you don't want to risk corruption).

Make sure you get the newest one off of the ATI/AMD website.

miladpourkhorshidy

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
Ok, Tnx All Of You, I Did What U Say and Installed the latest Version But In The End of installation it said there were warnings and it was a yellow ! . But in the log i couldn't find any failure or error report. For Now I don't have those dots but I'm very concerned. I Think after a while since shuting down pc and starting it again this problem occures. I will check that tomorrow and update the thread for u. Thank u all again. Ur helps are highly appreciated :)

miladpourkhorshidy

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
I brought my pc to the store where i had bought it and he said i should wait till tomorrow so that he can test it with other powers. And I realized that it happens when I shut down pc for a while and start it again after a couple of time when it's cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.