Non responsive card without connecting auxillary power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

roach1988

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
Hii all,
i just got an HD6750 but the PC dosent even boot up(nor does graphics card fan spin) without connecting the auxillary power connector to the card.
Getting new PSU in a couple of days but is there no way that my 400W current PSU support the graphics card?

Solution
My does nothing as well, the only thing that should happen is maybe you get beep code from bios that video card not present.
i would call it a bad situation where you actually managed to boot without power cable, since when idle video card requires little power, but when start game it would exceed the power provided by PCIe slot and most likely kill board (or just shut down)
So ya,, nobody should try it like that

roach1988

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
i got no adapter with the card ... ordered one just now..
i heard that some cards give error messages and some just crash when power connector is not connected but mine does none :(
my mobo is fine, currently using my old gt240 no probs and waiting for new PSU or the adapter .
Just hoping that my HD6750 is fine and the and will work as soon as i connect the auxillary power supply .

duxducis

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
My does nothing as well, the only thing that should happen is maybe you get beep code from bios that video card not present.
i would call it a bad situation where you actually managed to boot without power cable, since when idle video card requires little power, but when start game it would exceed the power provided by PCIe slot and most likely kill board (or just shut down)
So ya,, nobody should try it like that

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.