ClownWalker

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012
Hey guys! I have some questions about cooling and air flow for you.

I have an Antec Three Hundred Two case wich comes with one 120mm exhaust rear fan and one 140mm exhaust top fan. There's place for two more 120mm fan at the front and one on the side behind the motherboard tray to cool the cpu and one on the other side for, i presume, the gpu. I have two more 120mm to put inside my case in addition to the other 120mm and 140mm that already are mounted in the case. I thought i would put one intake at the front and one intake at the side to cool the gpu and the memory.

It would give me :
1 x intake 120mm REAR
1 x intake 120mm TOP
1 x exhaust 120mm FRONT
1 x exhaust 140mm SIDE

Also, there's the stock cooling fan that comes with the cpu and the gpu fan. Both fans are blowing in on the side panel where i'd put my intake 120mm fan.

Would the flow be good with these fans set up like this?
My cpu is the Intel core i3-2120 3.3 ghz, i plan on using the stock cooler that comes with it but i wonder : do i need to buy an extra cpu cooler to cool it or should i keep the one that comes with it since i won't do any overclocking?

Thanks for your time!

ClownWalker

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012

So, the two intake at the front comes first? And if i want to add a fan to cool the gpu on the side, i'd still need to have my two intake fans at the front?

hahaha, my mistake. What i meant was rear and top as exhaust and front and side as intake. So that would work? Or should I go with 3 intake and two exhaust instead of that?

Example : 4 fans total = rear, top, front, side OR 5 fans total = rear, top, side, two at the front?

TRENDING THREADS