hilltopmonk

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
Hi All,

Was wondering if you can help with a weird problem I am currently facing.

My friend has a bog standard Advent machine, and wished to start playing some games on it (not hq or anything, but actually able to run) as it had not dedicated GPU
Specs if you want them: E5800, 4Gb ram, foxconn mobo, Windows 7 64

So, seeing as I had an old 4550(PCIe) laying around i bolted it in, installed it and away he went. - no dedicated power required

All was going fine until he unplugged everything for a move around, plugged the vga cable into the MOBO adaptor rather then the GPU one.

since then, no matter what Ive done it wont appear in device manager or give out any display at all.

I have:-
Uninstalled and reinstalled CCC (reboots between each stage)
tried checking for hidden devices in Device Manager
tried plugging in a monitor to both ports at the same time.

Still nothing

Please help...

Thank you.

All was going fine until he unplugged everything for a move around, plugged the vga cable into the MOBO adaptor rather then the GPU one.

That is what causes it clearly, why you don't plug it to the card? Because if you plug it to the motherboard, you'll boot to the integrated graphics!

hilltopmonk

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
Got that... otherwise I wouldn't have stated it.

We have tried the obvious of plugging it BACK into the GPU adaptor rather than the integrated, I have even plugged a monitor into both the iGPU and the dedicated one, which still produces null effect.

So whats the fix?

Hmm... I see, sorry for that.

If you only unplug everything and then you put it back and you have problems, there should be one problem, check it. Also try changing the graphics setting to PCI-E in the BIOS.

hilltopmonk

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
Have changed the setting in the bios, but for some reason, all i get is a black screen frim both moitors
Ended up having to flash it with the cmos jumper to get anything back.
Foxconn BIOS is pretty damn basic on these boxes.