Sign in with
Your question

USB Wifi adapter issue

Last response: in Components
June 24, 2012 5:58:36 PM

Hello everyone.

I have issues with my system that usb wifi adapter are not working. Installed fine but keep disconnecting & reported error in device manager. Tried with 5 different brand & model usb wifi adapter but all same issues appeared. Try different usb ports, reinstall windows, update to latest bios was done but no luck. Other usb device connected like keyboard & mouse, portable hdd, camera & gamepad are working fine. I wonder where is the issue came from. Pls help me.

My system:
Intel Whitesburg DP55WB (Bios version: WBIBX10J.86A.0333.2012.0129.2308)
Core i5-750
8GB Ram
HD4850
320GB HDD
Delta DPS-400AB-8 A PSU
Win7 Pro x64

More about : usb wifi adapter issue

November 8, 2012 7:48:00 PM

Hey there. I ran into the same issue the past few days and finally think I figured it out. I think it's bios version 0333 that causes the issue. In the BIOS changelog, it says "improves PCH USB 2.0 performance".. by which apparently they meant, make *** not work.

I downloaded version 0319 and things are working again. I had stupidly updated as part of upgrading to Win8 to solve a separate issue.
December 10, 2012 7:12:57 PM

I just created this account to say MANY MANY MANY THANKS to you my friend, you just saved my life, i had this issue with a costumer's computer and the guy was almost killing me.

THANKS A MILLIONNNNNNN!!!

sorry for the caps but this really helped me A LOT!
!