Tags:
  • NICs
  • WiFi
  • USB
  • Components
Last response: in Components
June 24, 2012 5:58:36 PM

Hello everyone.

I have issues with my system that usb wifi adapter are not working. Installed fine but keep disconnecting & reported error in device manager. Tried with 5 different brand & model usb wifi adapter but all same issues appeared. Try different usb ports, reinstall windows, update to latest bios was done but no luck. Other usb device connected like keyboard & mouse, portable hdd, camera & gamepad are working fine. I wonder where is the issue came from. Pls help me.

My system:
Intel Whitesburg DP55WB (Bios version: WBIBX10J.86A.0333.2012.0129.2308)
Core i5-750
8GB Ram
HD4850
320GB HDD
Delta DPS-400AB-8 A PSU
Win7 Pro x64

More about : usb wifi adapter issue

November 8, 2012 7:48:00 PM

Hey there. I ran into the same issue the past few days and finally think I figured it out. I think it's bios version 0333 that causes the issue. In the BIOS changelog, it says "improves PCH USB 2.0 performance".. by which apparently they meant, make *** not work.

I downloaded version 0319 and things are working again. I had stupidly updated as part of upgrading to Win8 to solve a separate issue.
m
l
December 10, 2012 7:12:57 PM

I just created this account to say MANY MANY MANY THANKS to you my friend, you just saved my life, i had this issue with a costumer's computer and the guy was almost killing me.

THANKS A MILLIONNNNNNN!!!

sorry for the caps but this really helped me A LOT!
m
l
April 14, 2016 8:23:24 PM

I also upgraded the BIOS to version 0336 and had a lot of problems with two different USB wireless adapters. They would disconnect periodically and sometimes fail to start (Device manager reported it as device cannot start code 10). Version 0319 also resolved the issues I was having and all seems to be good. Time will tell, but I'm guessing this has permanently resolved the periodic disconnection.
m
l