1. delluser is right, your "theory" on power use is incorrect
2. you called out the wrong person, delluser may be the most knowledgeable person on here on the subject of PSU
3. now lets look at your theory, i have a similar set up and draw 350w max. no way do you need 800w to run a single card PC gaming system.
with the following system you are under 360w total system power gaming with the GTX560ti
Test System Specs
- Intel Core i7 920 (Overclocked @ 3.70GHz)
- x3 2GB G.Skill DDR3 PC3-12800 (CAS 9-9-9-24)
- Asus P6T Deluxe (Intel X58)
- Seagate 500GB 7200-RPM (Serial ATA300)
there is also a 500w version of the PC P&C above but I would personally go for the 600w version since the price would be so close
Thanks for these suggestions.
I was going to go for the Rosewill Hive 550w however they are currently out on Newegg, and I am ordering all of the items tonight... I picked up my mobo and cpu @ microcenter today... I was originally going to go for a ModXStream Pro 600w, they are $42 with rebate. Is this a good PSU?
or this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Seasonic M12II 520w