Researching this for a week now @ end of my rope

lmars7

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
Hello, I seem to be having an issue i cant figure out. I have an Asus UL50VT laptop with the GeForce G210m video card drivers are up to date and Im tryign to connect it via HDMI to my Funai/Sylvania LD320ssx 32" HDTV(with updated firmware). the problem IM having is if my TV is turned onto a normal "Cable" channel my computer can see it and registers the display as "Sylvania" under my multiple monitors section of NVidia control panel but the moment i turn the channel to HDMI 1 OR 2 on tv the display name goes away and I can do nothing to it cant resize or anything now Ive somehow got it to work once or twice by plugging and unplugging the HDMI cable and have tried swapping it out with 6 differant cables yet I cant get it to maintain a display .. Im really at end of my rope here... i read read and read online but cant seem to find anyone that seems to be having same problem as me Ive tried all the settings that I can without success so if anyone has an idea PLEASE SUGGEST and I have recently recovered my laptop to factor Windows 7 Home to see if that was issue and wasnt and upgraded to WIN 7 Ultimate and nothings helped...

lmars7

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012

Do i have this in the Wrong thread area? I cant believe I havent got any suggestions Yet this is really stumping me what else can i do are there global settings that can stop HDMI from being read? any other Ideas?