Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Graphic card help

Last response: in CPUs
Share
June 24, 2012 9:29:03 PM

1 GB ATI Radeon HD7570

2 GB dedicated ATI Radeon HD7570

1GB DDR5 ATI Radeon HD 6850

I will be using one of these graphic cards to play D3 and some COD along with general computing needs.

the chip set will be Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 quad-core processor 3.4Ghz with Turbo-Boost [up to 3.8GHz, 8MB cache] - 2nd generation quad core processor

and depending on the card and comp it will either have 8, 10, 16 GB DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM

More about : graphic card

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
June 24, 2012 9:47:08 PM

thats a pretty large difference in performance between the 7570 and 6850. though i did not find any benchmarks for the 7570. you maybe make a typo and mean 7750? still i believe the 6850 would be better.

btw, 8 gig of ram is enough unless you are doing some intense video encoding; then think 16 gigs.
June 24, 2012 9:54:54 PM

Thx! I double checked the numbers, it is ATI Radeon HD7570. will the 1GB DDR5 ATI Radeon HD 6850 run D3 pretty well or should I just get the computer and upgrade the card all together? And if I plan on upgrading will there really be that big of a difference between as 300wt (16 gb ddr3) 460wt (10 gb ddr3) , and a 600 wt (8gb ddr3) PS?

I have it narrowed down to the same comp with 3 different specs just trying to ge the one that will be solid now with good expansion possibilities.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
June 24, 2012 10:13:16 PM

if you are looking at just playing D3, or just gaming period, on this computer; than you do not need an i7. a i5 is plenty to run any game out there and in the next 5+ years.

also 8 gigs of ram is plenty, 10 is just weird and 16 is overkill. if you know that you will upgrade and by know i am meaning have some of the money saved and budgeted already then get a quality600 watt PSU. if you are hoping to upgrade but not 100% sure the 460 watt PSU will be enough power.

you got a link to this stuff?
June 24, 2012 10:20:37 PM

Anonymous said:
if you are looking at just playing D3, or just gaming period, on this computer; than you do not need an i7. a i5 is plenty to run any game out there and in the next 5+ years.

also 8 gigs of ram is plenty, 10 is just weird and 16 is overkill. if you know that you will upgrade and by know i am meaning have some of the money saved and budgeted already then get a quality600 watt PSU. if you are hoping to upgrade but not 100% sure the 460 watt PSU will be enough power.

you got a link to this stuff?


http://www.ebay.com/itm/221053842287?ssPageName=STRK:ME...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360468003681?ssPageName=STRK:ME...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390433369067?ssPageName=STRK:ME...

I hope the links work, they might not because they are linked to "My ebay"
June 24, 2012 10:35:34 PM

Anonymous said:
i would avoid those, they are all refurbs asking for like new prices . . :( 


I did some checking around and built the same computers on Hp's website and they were much more expensive. Do you have any suggestions or alternatives for a comp? I prefer HP and try to buy american made as much as possible ( I know a lot of these parts are from over seas) I also prefer Hp for their stance on terrisom.

Do you know of anything better or cheaper with the same specs? I am currently running on a hp that I have had for 6 years, it is a amd dual core with a 512 ati card 4 gb ram ( has treated me well). I hope to get another computer that is overkill and hang on to it for a few years like I have done this one.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
June 24, 2012 10:41:03 PM

ok, i understand. i edited my reply, go for the 6850 with 8 gigs and the 600 watt psu. i doubt the other systems can game at all with the 7570 graphic cards.

that will play diablo and other games just fine. :) 
June 24, 2012 10:47:14 PM

Anonymous said:
ok, i understand. i edited my reply, go for the 6850 with 8 gigs and the 600 watt psu. i doubt the other systems can game at all with the 7570 graphic cards.

that will play diablo and other games just fine. :) 


I am not trying to come off stubborn... I have been out of the tech world for awhile and I am trying to reconnect. I would love any suggestions you might have or any directions you might be able to give... You have been tremendous so far! I use to be A+ certified about 12 years ago so I can work on comps thats why I wasnt to worried about the refurb part. My thoughts on the comp were get good processor speed and ram, I am not worried about HD space because I have a few externals, and the video card is going to be replaced at some point depending on how long the comp last.

I am open ears for recommendations. Thx again for your help.
June 24, 2012 10:48:56 PM

6850

Best solution

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
June 24, 2012 10:56:50 PM
Share

freehouse32 said:
I am not trying to come off stubborn... I have been out of the tech world for awhile and I am trying to reconnect. I would love any suggestions you might have or any directions you might be able to give... You have been tremendous so far! I use to be A+ certified about 12 years ago so I can work on comps thats why I wasnt to worried about the refurb part. My thoughts on the comp were get good processor speed and ram, I am not worried about HD space because I have a few externals, and the video card is going to be replaced at some point depending on how long the comp last.

I am open ears for recommendations. Thx again for your help.

your fine. i just spend a few minutes over at cyberpower trying to configure a rig and my price was quite a bit more.
the ONLY item that is suspect would be the PSU.

hold that . i am looking at the motherboard and its not a very desirable component:
http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport...

EDIT: never mind. i just reread your reply and if the only component you are looking to replace is the GPU that the i7 with the 6850 and 8 gigs will suit your needs.

i am being picky but for the price - its not a bad deal. what had me apprehensive is the motherboard is last year's before ivy bridge was slated to be released. you could only use a sandy bridge processor and have pci 2.0 but that would no make a difference since pci 3.0 cards are backwards compatible.

also no usb3 or sata 6gbs. but the performance difference would really only show with a newer generation SSD hard drive.
June 24, 2012 11:06:02 PM

Anonymous said:
your fine. i just spend a few minutes over at cyberpower trying to configure a rig and my price was quite a bit more.
the ONLY item that is suspect would be the PSU.

hold that . i am looking at the motherboard and its not a very desirable component:
http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport...


I just checked out the link... Still a Little over my head not sure what this note means *NOTE: 32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory

I was just over at the HP web site and built another one like it... damn thing was 1400... If I wanted to spend that much I would get a high end comp not a vanilla HP (eventhough mine has treated me well)
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
June 24, 2012 11:12:37 PM

i edited my reply, again. 32 bit OS's can only access 3.5 gigs of RAM. i am sure they have installed window 7 64 bit on those boxes.

since they do seems 'gently used' not a bad deal. i was getting pretty picky on you, sorry. just see what i said about being limited with a board that a little older; it ought not make a difference for you.
June 24, 2012 11:26:32 PM

Anonymous said:
i edited my reply, again. 32 bit OS's can only access 3.5 gigs of RAM. i am sure they have installed window 7 64 bit on those boxes.

since they do seems 'gently used' not a bad deal. i was getting pretty picky on you, sorry. just see what i said about being limited with a board that a little older; it ought not make a difference for you.


Man you know your stuff!!! You are awesome! Yeah the only things I would ever upgrade are Gaphics and Ram, I am content with all other aspects of the comp. Reading your reply just now made me realize just how far behind I fell, Thanks to people like you though I don't have to worry to much.

As far as the transfer speeds and the USB3. Im running on an ancient machine, and I honestly wouldn't know the difference between the fastest stuff and the next to fastest. I think I will go with the one you just suggested upgrade the ram and video card when I see some good deals and get ready from some D3... Only waited 10 years for it... Now im married and have a carreer to distract me............

Well thank you! I am the only freehouse32 rolling around on the net so if you ever see me say hey, also my bread and butter is fire arms so if you have any questions with them, Ill be able to help you there!

:hello: 
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
June 24, 2012 11:36:44 PM

glad to be of help. when you get close to upgrading the graphics card, which might be awhile, tom's puts out a monthly guide:
Best Graphics Cards For The Money: May 2012
well i think they forgot it is june almost july. check it from time to time to get a feel of what is a good choice. i stopping building/geeking myself for a few years an i am still playing catch up. its not as overwhelming as it seems but i still have a bit to go.

take care and see you around
July 5, 2012 6:31:57 PM

Best answer selected by freehouse32.
!