Add more Icon to shell32

Hi,
How can I add more Icons to my Shell 32 file ?and where should I go to
download some ?
Thanks,
8 answers Last reply
More about icon shell32

    You cannot ADD them to shell32. Besides, there are icons in the moricon.dll,
    and other places. What is it you want to do?

    "A-Design" <afshinstock@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > How can I add more Icons to my Shell 32 file ?and where should I go to
    > download some ?
    > Thanks,

    I just need more icons, because I got tired of using the exiting icons , the
    problem that I have is, if I get some icons from other places on my hard
    drive, later on if I copy my files or folders to another computer the icons
    are gone , do you have any idea or suggestion about this ?Thanks

    > You cannot ADD them to shell32. Besides, there are icons in the
    moricon.dll,
    > and other places. What is it you want to do?
    >
    > "A-Design" <afshinstock@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > > How can I add more Icons to my Shell 32 file ?and where should I go to
    > > download some ?
    > > Thanks,

    I use Bee Icons and have for almost two years now. Once you buy them, you can
    can re-download if you lose them from say re-formatting. There is a good
    variety and they work perfectly. I didn't have any issues after SP2 either.
    There home page is http://www.beeicons.com
    I hope this helps.

    "A-Design" wrote:

    > I just need more icons, because I got tired of using the exiting icons , the
    > problem that I have is, if I get some icons from other places on my hard
    > drive, later on if I copy my files or folders to another computer the icons
    > are gone , do you have any idea or suggestion about this ?Thanks
    >

    > "Jerry" <NoSpamChiefZeke@MSN.com> wrote in message
    > > You cannot ADD them to shell32. Besides, there are icons in the
    > moricon.dll,
    > > and other places. What is it you want to do?
    > >
    > > "A-Design" <afshinstock@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > Hi,
    > > > How can I add more Icons to my Shell 32 file ?and where should I go to
    > > > download some ?
    > > > Thanks,

    actually, its %SystemRoot%\system32\moricons.dll just wanted to point that
    out...

    "Jerry" wrote:

    > You cannot ADD them to shell32. Besides, there are icons in the moricon.dll,
    > and other places. What is it you want to do?
    >
    > "A-Design" <afshinstock@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > > How can I add more Icons to my Shell 32 file ?and where should I go to
    > > download some ?
    > > Thanks,

    1. There are difficult, or manual, ways to customize your icons...

    2. There are simple ways: namely, download shareware versions of programs
    such as 'Stardock IconPackager' etc., which organizes icons as well as
    downloading various 'icon packs'...

    visit www.wincustomize.com

    "A-Design" <afshinstock@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > How can I add more Icons to my Shell 32 file ?and where should I go to
    > download some ?
    > Thanks,

    Thanks for all your answers.

    "Michael Byrnes" <mbyrnes@mailsurf.com.false> wrote in message
    > 1. There are difficult, or manual, ways to customize your icons...
    >
    > 2. There are simple ways: namely, download shareware versions of programs
    > such as 'Stardock IconPackager' etc., which organizes icons as well as
    > downloading various 'icon packs'...
    >
    > visit www.wincustomize.com
    >

    > "A-Design" <afshinstock@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > > How can I add more Icons to my Shell 32 file ?and where should I go to
    > > download some ?
    > > Thanks,

    Mark, I don't have this file on my hard drive ,should I download it ? how I
    can install it ? Thanks,

    "Mark Seymour" <MarkSeymour@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > actually, its %SystemRoot%\system32\moricons.dll just wanted to point that
    > out...
    >
    > "Jerry" wrote:
    >
    > > You cannot ADD them to shell32. Besides, there are icons in the
    moricon.dll,
    > > and other places. What is it you want to do?
    > >
    > > "A-Design" <afshinstock@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > Hi,
    > > > How can I add more Icons to my Shell 32 file ?and where should I go to
    > > > download some ?
    > > > Thanks,

    "A-Design" <afshinstock@hotmail.com> wrote
    | Mark, I don't have this file on my hard drive|
    | "Mark Seymour" <MarkSeymour@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    | > its %SystemRoot%\system32\moricons.dll| > "Jerry" wrote:
    | >
    | > > You cannot ADD them to shell32. Besides, there are icons in the
    | moricon.dll,
    | > > and other places. What is it you want to do?
    | > >
    | > > "A-Design" <afshinstock@hotmail.com> wrote

    C:\WINDOWS\System32\moricons.dll

Configuration Download Microsoft Customization Windows XP