Sign in with
Your question

New Build no display

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 6, 2012 9:11:44 PM

Hello, I'm helping my friend put together his new system got everything from new egg today; MSI 870S-G46 mobo, AMD Phenom II X4 980 Black Edition 3.7GHz, 850W Power Supply, ZOTAC GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) ZT-50401-10L Video Card.

All fans and lights come on when he hits the power switch but his monitor is not getting a signal. he is using HDMI and dose not have a DVI input on his monitor. switched GPU with card from old PC and had the same issue with both PCIe slots`. Removed all drives and ram just to get BiOS to boot heard no mobo beep but I cant be %100 sure he has the speaker installed correctly. Mobo dose not have an integrated video card. the only think I can think of is maybe the 850w PSU isn't enough to power the card? or is there something else we should try?

More about : build display

January 6, 2012 9:27:26 PM

The 850w supply should be fine (unless it is something cheap like Diablotek).

When you removed everything did the card come up?
m
l
January 6, 2012 9:32:01 PM

The PSU is an AZZA Dynamo I believe
with everything but the card removed there still was no input fan on GPU turns on but no picture.
m
l
January 6, 2012 10:21:32 PM

Did you try a different monitor? Maybe try the VGA connection?

The AZZA looks cheap, but not horrible. A high quality vender would label it 720 watts at best, but that should be enough to power a 550ti.
m
l
!