New rig expectations

Hello,
Im buying a new rig and i would like to know how many fps i would probably get with this build on BF3 on ultra settings.

intel core i7 2700k @ 4.2ghz
Evga gtx 570 SC 1280mb
Intel DZ68BC motherboard
16GB corsair vengeance 1600
1TB seagate HDD 7200rpm 6.0gb

Dont know wich cooler and wich PSU i should get for this build!
Playing 1920x1080
12 answers Last reply
More about expectations
  1. It should play on Ultra at 60fps, but it might dip to 45 in heavy fire.
  2. Do you think i should get a AMD 7970 instead of the gtx 570sc or that would be a waste of money?
  3. about the PSU and the Cooler wich ones do you recomend me?
  4. For a single 7970, 650w is good. 850W for 2. Hyper m212 EVO cooler.
  5. The GTX 570 is dead in the water once the 7870 is available .

I would not buy one unless the price dropped about $50
  6. If you REALLY care about squeezing the last ounce of FPS out of your rig... I would recommend ditching the i7 2700k for an i5 2500k, and splitting the money saved on a water cooler like corsair's H100 or H80 (These are super easy to install - its a out-of-the-box system, plug and play :D ) I own the H100 myself...

And push you proccessor to 4.6-4.8 gigaherts... whatever youre more comfortable with.

Dont worry that youre going from a 4 core to a 2 core processor - There is no game out there that can use more then 2 cores... in fact, there are none that can use 2 cores effeciently at all.

The rest of the money would go into upgrading to the best video card on the market right now the 7970

Thats what I did anyway. Good luck :D
  7. With graphics cards being the limitation for high resolution gaming at high detail levels OCing a processor is near enough pointless at this time .

But using a 2500k and a $30 air cooler like the hyper 212 or Xigmatek Gaia makes sense
    That frees money for a better graphics card .
  8. He just asked if to get a 7970... Read the whole topic before replying people...
  9. Thanks to everyone for the answers, about the i5 2500k recommendation, i prefer to stay with i7 CPUs and about going up to 4.8ghz i think its not worth it because it wont affect that much to upgrading many fps in games, the video card is what really matters

The only things i may change in this build are the graphics card and the mobo since i dont have enough information about the DZ68BC and its overclocking performance (@4.2ghz)
  10. i7 will not help you at all in gaming when it comes down to it. You're paying $120 extra for no benefits.
  11. azeem40 said:
    i7 will not help you at all in gaming when it comes down to it. You're paying $120 extra for no benefits.

Hence the i5 recommendation ^^

You really will not miss those 2 additional cores unless you plan to use your machine extensively for overnight Adobe or Autocad / 3D Studio Max renderings...

Thats just my experience anyway.

:D
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Intel Systems Product