Dynamic Shadow flickering

DathMarkus

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
Guys,I'm having major shadow flickering in bf3,witcher2,skyrim,etc...It only happens to dynamic shadows(character shadows,wawing trees,bushes) also static shadows don't flicker, but look like crap(low res)..I have Zotac gtx570SE,I7930,6gigs of Ram and corsair VX 550-----Is it because of bad psu? I'tried everything( ins new drivers,control panel settings,lowing frequency)

For the GTX 570 the minimum psu requirement is 550w so you are right at the minimum requirement and depending on the power supplies amps on the 12 volt rails your video card may be under powered. You only have 41a on the single 12 volt rail and I think that may be your problem , so you may need to upgrade the psu.

41A is good enough for a single GTX 570. Corsair makes VERY high quality PSUs.

DathMarkus

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012

I' think not,my modest exp with low power psu-s is that you'll get stuttering,and frame drops,not shutdown....But this is afwul,I'get ugly shadows,and on some textures horiz grey lines...But the card isnt' showin artifatcs...wtf

Test it with Furmark with Xtreme burning mode with all AA on. That will let ya know.

DathMarkus

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012

Yep it will be, my friend, thanks for rep....