Status
Not open for further replies.

540dude

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
So I ordered an HIS 6750 from newegg. When I Installed it everything was powered up and the fan was spinning on the card, but no display was shown. I'm wondering if the card was DOA or if it's just not comparable with my system. my previous card was a PNY 9800gt 1gb

My motherboard is an Asus P5LP-LE
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c00864946

Can anyone clear the confusion for me? And if this card isn't compatable, how is it not and how can I find out if a card is compatable with my mb?

And if anyone has any suggestions on a decent card for under 120$
I'm upgrading from a 7 series Nvidia so any upgrade will make a difference ;)

Edit: I also tried using two different power supplies, as that was my first diagnostic guess. One 450W and a brand new 600W, so I know that's not the issue.

Solution
oh then nvm. try your old card again.
sorry. very unlikely its the card but I guess it could be.

you might be running into the incompatibility of some motherboards with pci 2.1 cards running on pci 1.0 boards. if there are bios updates for your board try installing it.

If there is nothing you can do to upgrade you'd need to find a pci 2.0 card. try a nvidia card like the 550 ti.

540dude

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
I'll try.

Is there a certain way to plug it into my motherboard? My motherboard says it does have a VGA connection, but it isn't exposed outside of my case. It would be on the upper left of the computer.
32472845-2-440-FT+BK-2.gif

oh then nvm. try your old card again.
sorry. very unlikely its the card but I guess it could be.

you might be running into the incompatibility of some motherboards with pci 2.1 cards running on pci 1.0 boards. if there are bios updates for your board try installing it.

If there is nothing you can do to upgrade you'd need to find a pci 2.0 card. try a nvidia card like the 550 ti.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.