Windows index changed...need help

nah51dog

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2010
bought a 6950 not long ago and it brought my windows index up to 7.9 for graphics.

without getting into too many details it said my hardware changed and i needed to recalculate the index. i havent check the index in months but dont remember installing anything or changing any settings

after the recalc it says my index is 6.0

wtf!!!!!!!

i went into bios and disabled onboard graphics thinking maybe it was using that but it didnt help.

any ideas or help would be great

i can provide any necessary details but basic system

phenom2 965
asus mobo
saphire 6950 dirt 3 edition
4stick of 2 gig 1333 =8 gig total

Solution
First, update to the latest beta AMD catalyst driver of 12.1. Then In your 1080p monitor, go back to 720p, increase all Graphic cards setting to the highest from the catalyst control panel. Then, close any background application, open (if you don't have download msi afterburner), there overclock your GPU core at 875mhz. Then run WEI back. Good luck :).
First, update to the latest beta AMD catalyst driver of 12.1. Then In your 1080p monitor, go back to 720p, increase all Graphic cards setting to the highest from the catalyst control panel. Then, close any background application, open (if you don't have download msi afterburner), there overclock your GPU core at 875mhz. Then run WEI back. Good luck :).

Solution