System Config Utility

Does anyone know how to remove startup items you don't
want listed in the System Config Utility Startup I have
ones that i've unchecked over time and don't want them
listed anymore in there.

Thanks
Craig
5 answers Last reply
More about system config utility

    Download and install a program called Startup Cop

    "Craig" <CRU39@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know how to remove startup items you don't
    > want listed in the System Config Utility Startup I have
    > ones that i've unchecked over time and don't want them
    > listed anymore in there.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Craig

    Aww they're charging for it now. Try startup control panel
    http://www.onlythebestfreeware.com/program.asp?program_id=82.

    "janice" <noway@nohow.com> wrote in message
    > Download and install a program called Startup Cop
    >
    > "Craig" <CRU39@aol.com> wrote in message
    >> Does anyone know how to remove startup items you don't
    >> want listed in the System Config Utility Startup I have
    >> ones that i've unchecked over time and don't want them
    >> listed anymore in there.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Craig

    go here:

    Read instructions at the top.
    Scroll down to:
    148. Right hand side.
    Click on:
    Clear Disabled Items from Msconfig Startup

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:1e4c01c4accd$e68d7580$a401280a@phx.gbl,
    Craig <CRU39@aol.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Does anyone know how to remove startup items you don't
    > want listed in the System Config Utility Startup I have
    > ones that i've unchecked over time and don't want them
    > listed anymore in there.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Craig

    Notice that there is a Location field in the display of the Config Utility.
    You have to remove the entries from these locations

    Mostly that will be in the registry, though some could be in the startup
    folder.

    To edit the registry, run regedit, browse to the location specified and
    delete the item.
    Be careful as misuse of the registry editing tool can cause problems.

    Regards
    Mark Dormer

    "Craig" <CRU39@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know how to remove startup items you don't
    > want listed in the System Config Utility Startup I have
    > ones that i've unchecked over time and don't want them
    > listed anymore in there.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Craig

    Thanks it worked finding them in the registry and
    removing them.