Computer will turn on but no display and no beeps from mobo

cpierson745

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
Hello,

my computer turns on everything running (fans, hdd, cpu cooler, mobo light, etc.) but their is nothing displayed on the screen. Tried booting with just mouse, keyboard, and hdd attached to no avail. Tried CMOS reset and jumpers moved but to no avail could be failed motherboard tested power supply with a multimeter and tested great. wanna know anything else let me know and thanks for the help.

p.s. my graphics card will be hear monday to see if it could be my intergrated graphics in my mobo could be out? dont know yet

pc specs
CPU - AMD 965
MOBO - ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
HDD - WD 1TB
PWR - Thermaltake TR2-600W
Case - Thermaltake ?
Monitor - Asus 23" 1080p LCD LEDbacklight

Chaz21

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

Are you using the Vga port or the Dvi or the HDMI? I'd try them all. You don't mention what monitor you are using but sometimes its as simple as setting the monitor to use one of those specified ports. I hope that's the case for you. Good luck. :)

cpierson745

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
Are you using the Vga port or the Dvi or the HDMI? I'd try them all. You don't mention what monitor you are using but sometimes its as simple as setting the monitor to use one of those specified ports. I hope that's the case for you. Good luck. :)

Yes i have tried them all to no luck and have tried a different monitor to no luck thanks

mickey21

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Do you know it is actually booting? Hard drive activity as if Windows is loading. A failed motherboard or CPU will not necessarily beep and yet most often will actually turn on with no video. It will only beep with a failed video card or memory for instance. Some failures are too critical to even give a beep.