Questions concerning nvidia graphic

sarahZR

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
Hello, My problem is that i can't find my nvidia graphic driver anywhere on my hp pavilion pc. though it was working fine when i had win vista but since i changed to win 7 i can't play games anymore. When i checked through dxdiag the direct x features i.e. direct draw, direct 3d acceleration were stated as not available. when i checked in the device manager under display adapters i found standard VGA graphic adapter only. So i downloaded a version of the nvidia graphic driver which is version 285.62 but while installing after the system check it displayed "this graphic driver could not find compatible graphic hardware". How can i trace back my nvidia driver? Could anybody kindly help me please. Thank you!

are you sure that it was an nvidia GPU? (It very well could be one, but it could also be AMD)
Many HPs (and dells for that matter) use really wierd GPU cards, which will not use the standard graphics driver. Go download the graphics drivers from HP's website instead of nvidia's.
Try using PCWizard to find your graphics card information if all else fails.

It's maybe because you choose the wrong GPU on nvidia's download drivers page.
It's maybe that the HP's are specialized, go to the HP website, choose the model and download graphics drivers.

If you try those 2 steps and you still have the issue, contact HP technician. Usually laptop's problem are not the same.