Is this normal? ram,cpu and pc crash

SenseLessWiZ-

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
Would it be normal that my ram usage goes over 40~60% and my cpu stays at about 1~4%? Because lately my pc crashes A lot and made me restart whole system, there was even a time when only parts of the windows opened were crashed and I couldn't even ALT+CRTL+DELETE. So when that weird journey began, every time i restarted the system, it asks me if I wanted to check my disk and so i Did. Finished the whole process and in the end, blue screen. My only theory to this problem is first, the temperture is too high Or ram is getting through his death bed. Please help T_T this can't be normal!

SenseLessWiZ-

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
I have run memtest and gave up on it because it went on and on (about 220% coverage) with 0 errors and about my system temp ( was using realtemp) lowest~46 highest~ 68 within less than an hour. If that would be normal, which of my components triggers the computer crashes?

SenseLessWiZ-

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
err, twice in row crash. Before the second crash occurred, ive seen from realtemp that the temperature stayed between 68 and 71. Could that be the cause of my problem? a simple CPU overheat?

SenseLessWiZ-

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
Err when the crashed happened, I was playing swtor like 3~4months ago so that can't be the case and about my driver being updated. Well, i can't remember when was the last time i updated it so that can't be the case either. Ran memtest as i said previously, there was no errors whatsoever

SenseLessWiZ-

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
so i got a BSOD and it was written that it may be my hard drive and asked me to check chkdsk /f and so i did. But the problem is that i cant get it open, its like a black window that pops out and vanishes within less than half a second. I guess it's a faulty hard drive that causes me to get some freezes that makes me restart the whole pc "speaking of freezes, i just got 1 right now, at least i didn't restart the pc,PHEW!" So what do you guys think? should I attach my dxdiag system information just as I was told by my brother?

DXdiag is a massive wall-o-text that doesn't actually tell you anything useful. The stop code shown towards the bottom of the BSOD is the most useful.

Also, how long did you let memtest run? When i had memory issue i let it run for a few hours and it didn't pick up anything, but when i let it run overnight it found quite a bit, it sometimes takes it a few passes for it to finally hit the sectors with issues. Just let it run a few passes over night and see if it finds anything.

SenseLessWiZ-

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
So i rebooted my Pc and still get some freezes from time to time but aren't really major (meaning I don't have to restart the PC).And a while back my brother said i've had a BSOD which was caused by the hard drive. So do I really have to buy a new hard drive? I mean, my momentus XT didn't even hit the 1 year old mark... Oh and by the way, Bro cleaned my cpu ,fan and heatsink and have changed the Thermal compound before the reboot hoping to know if that changed anything about the problem that I have.

In any case, the next step is clearly a memory test. Run memtest86 for a few hours. And if you have a picture of the BSOD, post it here so we can look at it.

FYI, theres an option to not reboot after a BSOD somewhere in the system tab of the windows control panel.