Icon customisation went wrong!

I tried to change the folders' icon through :

Windows Explorer : Tools > Folder options > File Types

I then clicked and changed the icons for :

1) Drive (File type) > Advanced > Change Icon
2) File Folder > Advanced > Change Icon
3) Folder > Advanced > Change Icon

However, after changing all the above, the folders and
drives were not working properly.

The drive icon, when double clicked, will not open, and
instead a search menu window will pop up.

The folder icon, when double clicked, will open in a new
window.

My question is : How do I apply back the default settings
for the folders and drives?
3 answers Last reply
More about icon customisation wrong

    You do a system restore to a date/time before you made your mess.

    "Rudy MC Koh" <rudy.mc.koh@my.pwc.com> wrote in message
    >I tried to change the folders' icon through :
    >
    > Windows Explorer : Tools > Folder options > File Types
    >
    > I then clicked and changed the icons for :
    >
    > 1) Drive (File type) > Advanced > Change Icon
    > 2) File Folder > Advanced > Change Icon
    > 3) Folder > Advanced > Change Icon
    >
    > However, after changing all the above, the folders and
    > drives were not working properly.
    >
    > The drive icon, when double clicked, will not open, and
    > instead a search menu window will pop up.
    >
    > The folder icon, when double clicked, will open in a new
    > window.
    >
    > My question is : How do I apply back the default settings
    > for the folders and drives?

    "Rudy MC Koh" <rudy.mc.koh@my.pwc.com> wrote
    | I tried to change the folders' icon through :
    |
    | Windows Explorer : Tools > Folder options > File Types
    |
    | I then clicked and changed the icons for :
    |
    | 1) Drive (File type) > Advanced > Change Icon
    | 2) File Folder > Advanced > Change Icon
    | 3) Folder > Advanced > Change Icon
    |
    | However, after changing all the above, the folders and
    | drives were not working properly.
    |
    | The drive icon, when double clicked, will not open, and
    | instead a search menu window will pop up.
    |
    | The folder icon, when double clicked, will open in a new
    | window.
    |
    | My question is : How do I apply back the default settings
    | for the folders and drives?

    Start
    Run
    regsvr32 /i shell32.dll
    Enter
    Restart Windows

    Hi Rudy,

    Type the following at Star/Run and press enter:

    regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Rudy MC Koh" <rudy.mc.koh@my.pwc.com> wrote in message
    >I tried to change the folders' icon through :
    >
    > Windows Explorer : Tools > Folder options > File Types
    >
    > I then clicked and changed the icons for :
    >
    > 1) Drive (File type) > Advanced > Change Icon
    > 2) File Folder > Advanced > Change Icon
    > 3) Folder > Advanced > Change Icon
    >
    > However, after changing all the above, the folders and
    > drives were not working properly.
    >
    > The drive icon, when double clicked, will not open, and
    > instead a search menu window will pop up.
    >
    > The folder icon, when double clicked, will open in a new
    > window.
    >
    > My question is : How do I apply back the default settings
    > for the folders and drives?

Configuration Windows XP