CASE : what should i buy with 600 Euro???

TERMIT03

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
hello people,

How is it going? i have a question that needs to be unswered. i already bought a new gaming pc, i spent a lot and now it is time to get a new monitor to take my gaming in next level. I am willing to pay around 600 Euro and looking for something between 27'' - 32''( 3D) . not more not less.
As i know for gaming i need a monitor with low responce time at least 5ms and lots of brightness.

here is the question. a 32'' smart tv or a common pc monitor around 27''? which is the best for the use that i need it? do i get better colors and performance throught a smart tv with 400hz and tones of contrast or what?

plz help. every opinion is welcome. it would be a good idea if you give me some advices and some links for products that could be best for me.

rvilkman

Distinguished
You should be looking at a monitor instead of a TV. Although it may have changed as of late, but anything requiring accuracy has generally been much better with a monitor.
Thus as you do need to read text from the screen the monitor seems like the obvious choice.

So you probably should be looking at something like the following, if you can find them in your pricerange.
Asus 27" 3D monitor List at $699 USD at newegg.

If you want 3D that is.

Another quite viable option is to get a 3d supporting TV as you were thinking about and use a separate display for like web browsing, and do gaming on the TV.

neal0790

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
Depending on what size your looking for i would recommend either. Monitors you will get a better resolution, but also you get alot smaller size and need a nice graphics card to achieve higher resolutions in alot of games. If you dont really care about resolution and are happy with 1080p then i would say a hdtv is the way to go depending on your situation. I got my rig hooked up my my 42 inch sony bravia and love it. HDTV's are cheaper and alot of them are made to be hooked up to a computer. My sony bravia actually has a whole pc monitor setting on it and plugs in the back for any kind of PC connection/ When its hooked up everything adjusts itself and i can ready everything clear as day sitting in bed from 6 feet away. So depending on your situation i would go both ways. If your sitting at a desk go with a monitor. If your sitting far away, or want a bigger screen get a TV. The only thing that really matter on a HDTV is the refresh rate. Mines 60hz, so i can only see 60fps in games, but thats not a big deal to me. Human eye cant see the difference between 60fps or 80fps, so i just set all my games to 60fps and its smooth as can be. Takes a load off my card by not trying to get 120, and maintains 60 fps all the whole time, with barely any drops. Aslong as you dont go some cheap ass HDTV brand, you will get a great picture.

TERMIT03

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
yeah got it.. independs on the how far you are sitting. so i dont think i need something more than 32 inch. but still i have no answer in my question. dont you think a smart tv like this one http://www.amazon.de/32LW570S-81cm-LCD-TV-LED-Hintergrundbeleuchtung-Breitbildformat/dp/B0052ZIE88 whould be fair enought?? i mean do i get the same performance, picture quality, accuracy an so on from this kind of monitor-tvs? or i need to stick with a pc monitor? i dont care about 2560x 1440. 1080p seems to be fine.

TERMIT03

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
here i want to say something important. i already got a lcd 42 inch sony bravia (200 Hz) 3 years old. when i connected my laptop with HDMI i realized a big difference at the colors and the quality. it wasnt as good as i expected..but this was 3 years ago..
so do i take the same results with a new smart tv like the one i mentioned before or not?