Does HD ready mean less pixel density?

angelo88

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2010
Hey guys, I know that this discussion is pretty much all over the web, but I haven't been able to find a straight up answer for what I'm looking for.

Does hd ready mean that the tv has less pixel density than a full hd tv? Coz I've been reading around, and some say this is the case, and that hooking it up to a 1080p source(e.g. ps3 or pc) will take the image and downscale it. Others say that the diff is just due to the lack of a tv tuner in the tv, but display wise the tv itself is capable of displaying full 1080p resolution.

Coz I'm planning to upgrade my monitor to a 32 inch screen, and I'm primarily gonna use it for PC gaming and watching HD movies from my pc, with tv on the side(although non-HD channels). My concern is, will my pc gaming and movie watching suffer? Will the resolution really be less than what I'm using now(1680x1050) and thus, less detail? Or is it true that its just the lack of a TV tuner that is the diff, and pixel density wise, the HD ready tv will display full 1080p when hooked up to my PC

Obviously im such a noob at this stuff, I'm not even sure im using the terms in the right context

Thanks in advance for the help!

HD ready usually means a 720 P screen which would mean having 1366 x 768 pixels so yes less actual pixels than your monitor.
In my view you want a full 1080P screen 1920 x 1080 pixels.

If you are asking is it better to get a full 1080P monitor or a HD ready TV to connect your PC to the answer is hands down you want to get a 1080P Monitor.

Hope that helps

Mactronix :)