Dynex ATX 520 Watt Power Supply not working

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Boot
  • Devices
  • Components
Last response: in Components
June 25, 2012 6:18:05 PM

I have an Asus CM6730 with a GeForce GTX 550 Ti. I think I connected all the wires right. When I start it up it says "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key". :cry: 

More about : dynex atx 520 watt power supply working

Best solution

a c 140 ) Power supply
June 25, 2012 6:51:33 PM

Sounds like you got one of your SATA cables loose when installing the graphics card. Check your HDD connections and also the connections at the motherboard (which are probably close to or even under your graphics card) make sure they are secure.
See what you get then.
June 26, 2012 9:49:05 PM

Are the SATA cables the ones that connect to the CD thing? I think I put those in right.
I think maybe the wires near the power supply would be messed up, because everything was running fine when I was using the old power supply (I needed a better power supply to get the full power from the card).
Maybe I forgot to connect something? :( 
m
l
Related resources
June 26, 2012 10:43:57 PM

:bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce: 
:D  :D  :D  :D  :D 
IT WORKS!!! One little wire to connect to the CD drive thing was hiding under one of the drives. Now my computer shouldn't overheat! :pt1cable: 
m
l
a c 140 ) Power supply
June 26, 2012 10:51:57 PM

ilikerio said:
Are the SATA cables the ones that connect to the CD thing? I think I put those in right.

Yes they are but you also have one for your HDD make sure it's in also. And your SATA power cables are connected to each (hard drive and optical drive)
ilikerio said:

I think maybe the wires near the power supply would be messed up, because everything was running fine when I was using the old power supply (I needed a better power supply to get the full power from the card).
Maybe I forgot to connect something? :( 

Here's a picture of your mobo sideways from how you see it in your case - I will refer to the points in the picture (and explain where you will find it/them)
https://www.tekwind.co.jp/resources/products/8414_35845...
Your 20+4 (or 24) pin gets placed in the light blue 24 pin connector at the bottom of the picture (on the right of your mobo as look at it)
Your 4 pin (you may have a 4+4 pin - just use one of them) goes into the light blue 4 pin connector above and to the right of the CPU (above and to the left as you look at it)
one each SATA power to optical drive, and hard drive (from PSU)
one each SATA cable from mobo lower left in picture (lower right as you look at it) the Dark Blue in the corner to your hard drive, light blue for your optical drive (I don't think which one you use matters for the optical drive but...)
Hopefully you got all those in and they are secure
Don't forget your 6 pin into the graphics card.
Then everything should work (fingers crossed)
m
l
a c 140 ) Power supply
June 26, 2012 10:53:02 PM

ilikerio said:
:bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce: 
:D  :D  :D  :D  :D 
IT WORKS!!! One little wire to connect to the CD drive thing was hiding under one of the drives. Now my computer shouldn't overheat! :pt1cable: 

Awesome!
m
l
June 26, 2012 11:14:50 PM

Best answer selected by ilikerio.
m
l
!