*Updated* Low budget "Blizzard" computer (i3 build)

wuginator

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
Looking over other posts and prices I'd like to shine some light onto why I'm building this computer. This rig is only meant to tide me over until I buy a new gaming laptop towards the end of the year. I move about a lot and being tethered to a tower is inconvenient for me. However, my laptop is now close to five years old and has trouble playing anything (I'm pretty sure something is fried inside). I gotta be able to play D3 when it comes out and SC and WoW are having trouble now.

What I'm looking for is the bare minimum to play SC, WoW, D3 (I know the game isn't out yet but it should be comparable to a 4v4 SC match). I'll prolly just use my 42inch TV as my monitor and I don't need the game settings to be on Ultra. I just want fast, reliable framerates.

Thank you.

Approximate Purchase Date: Today if possible

Budget Range: As inexpensive as possible.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: D3 (beta), SC, WoW

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, OS, speakers, monitor

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com

Parts Preferences: Intel and Nvidia only because it's my understanding that Blizzard games are biased towards Nvidia cards

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: I don't play on upgrading to Ivybridge. I don't plan on upgrading my video card. I'd be happy with an H61 MOBO. My biggest concern is building the cheapest tower I can to be able to play D3/ SC/ WoW.

Maybe I only need 4BG of RAM?

Parts so far:
Case: NTXZ GAMMA
CPU: i3-2120
RAM: 8gb G.Skill
HDD: WD Caviar Blue 500gb
Disk Drive: Cheap one

wuginator

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
I don't have one yet. And as I'm looking over other posts and pricing I really don't care if I have to play the games on less than Ultra. I'd really like to make this build as cheap as possible while being able to play the games with high frame rate on Medium/High.

TRENDING THREADS