Changing the Primary PCI-E Slot?

anthonyjr2

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
I hooked up my new GTX 560ti, but it only actually fits in the second PCI-E slot, and when I plug my monitor into it while it is in the second slot, it doesn't seem to show anything on the screen during POST. Is there any way I can change the second slot to the primary?

anthonyjr2

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011

Well, for some reason when I hook it up to the primary slot and boot up, it doesn't show anything on the screen, I can't even tell if it is booting. There aren't any beeps either. My old card works fine on this slot. For some reason the new one has the white connectors instead of the blue one that my monitor uses, and the card came with an adaptor, so I don't think thats the problem.

anthonyjr2

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
Yep. My old card had one VGA and another white one which I do not know the name of. The new card has two of the white ones and came with a white-VGA adapter that I am using.

anthonyjr2

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011

Think it could be a problem with the card? No matter what slot I put it in it doesn't seem to want to show anything on the monitor.

anthonyjr2

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011

DOA? And no, no other PC I know of would be able to fit this card into it, let alone having any slots for it.

anthonyjr2

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011

Ah, the card isn't dead, since it is recognized in Windows in the second slot, and the drivers installed for it. Also, the fans spin on the card.

gamernater

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012
Just curious, but did u try to put the adapter into both ports on the graphics card? I have a card that has a dual link and a single link dvi port on it and with me running a monitor on the hdmi and one with the dvi to vga adapter, i can only get the monitor to work on one port. I know this is an old thread, but anyone that is still having trouble with this video card issue, I incourage to try this solution out.