Vista won't recognize Belkin wireless adapter driver

evila

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2011
Hello!

I am attempting to set up a wireless connection on an HP desktop that runs Vista. I recently purchased a Belkin N150 Wireless USB Adapter (Version F9L1001). My computer, first, will not run the software CD automatically; I have to find it and double-click on it. Then, after the drivers are supposedly installed and I restart according to the instructions, my computer is unable to find them when I plug in the adapter. Additionally, when I try to start the driver program myself, it refuses to go. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver software four times and I have gotten the following same results every time. Has anyone else had the same issue, and does anyone have any advice? Also, I do not have a router installed yet, as we were told initially that all we would need to use to connect the desktop to our wireless Internet was the adapter. We did purchase a Belkin router, though. Do I need to install this first before my computer will accept the adapter? Any help is greatly appreciated!

evila

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2011
Yes, I can. It is listed as "802.11 n WLAN."

Okay, that's good to know!

I forgot to mention this in my first message, but our wireless is being provided by a Verizon Wireless MiFi console, if that helps you at all.

toast51

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011

digibrain

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012

I have the exactly the same problem, the install program asks for the WLAN to be inserted and then can't find the drivers that have just been installed. I suspect VISTA as it's a lousy program. Donly have anywhere near the number of problems with Windows 7. Would like a fix for this problem though.