Which graphic card to buy with in $300?(strictly ATI)

i-blaze

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
hi guys, dis site has been really helpfull to me in many ways without asking a question. But dis time have to coz am really confused.
Am planning to get a graphic card with the range of $300. Need your suggestion to get the best within dat range.

1) ATI radeon hd 6970.
2) ATI radeon hd 6950.
3) ATI radeon hd 6870.

If u guys have better suggestion den dis three cards feel free to post.(strictly ATI)

system rig: > asus m4a88t-m-le
> chipset 880g
> AMD athlon x2 250
> 6gb ram
> windows 7 ultimate 64-bit.

plz guys would really appreciate your help.
thanks

With the release of the 7000 series so close and you have that kind of money to spend I suggest waiting a month longer and get one of the new cards.But any of these cards mentioned will get bottlenecked by your processor so you might want to think of upgrading it.

What is the make/model of your PSU?

the 6950 is more power than the 560 ti, so being $10 cheaper means nothing

the 6970 is slightly powerful than the 570 and being slightly more expensive.

AMD card also use less power.

I'd say its a pretty good close.

i-blaze

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
thank you guy, tnx for letting me know bout dat. Am glad dat i took ya all suggestions b4 the upgrade, coz u really saved ma cash and time.

So i will have to rethink before upgrading, rethink bout ma processor and then graphics. No doubt will have to wait for awhile. But if go for a 4 core processor will i have make any more changes?

like motherboard or psu (currently using 450w)?

and which 4 core cpu should i go for: athlon /phenom/ fx?

"WHY ATI" coz i feel it is the best when using AMD cpu ( so far i think so) and plz correct me if am wrong.

and tnx again guys...:))

cbrunnem

Distinguished

amd cpus right now are not good at all. Intel cpus put them to shame. its not even a fair fight. AMD brought a knife and Intel brought a Gatling gun to the fight and ill give you a clue to who wins.... it isnt AMD.

TRENDING THREADS