Windows 7
Case
Power Supply - UPDATED
Memory
CPU
Intel i3
DVD
GPU

If some one could take a look and just make sure this is all compatible and im getting the best build for around 700$ it would be really helpful. After watching some videos and reading some reviews im confident this will play Battlefield 3. Thanks everyone. :) 

More about : time build advice

March 11, 2012 11:11:21 PM

Good, but get a full ATX board - mATX is limited by a lot.
m
l
March 12, 2012 1:22:36 AM

Ok, could you recommend a good ATX board?
m
l
Related resources
March 12, 2012 2:13:38 AM

Looks like a sweet set-up to me, the motherboard is a bargin at that price. :) 

I do think you may need a higher clock speed on the GPU for battlefield 3 that card only has 700MHz and I think you might need around 800MHz.
m
l
March 12, 2012 3:16:15 AM

The board your showing the OP is the exact same form factor. The only difference is that the Asus board does not support any PCI add in cards only PCIe x1 and of course PCIe x16. The board the OP chose supports both regular PCI and one PCI x1 add in card. I would go with the motherboard the OP chose. If the OP could afford to go with a slightly more expensive motherboard and actually needed the extra expansion slots then I would go with this
ASRock Z68 PRO3 GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard = 104.99

That is a much better board than both above choices IMO it will give you a much better upgrade path if you choose to add a second card for SLI also with the Z68 chipset you will get to keep some really great features of the CPU you've chosen that you will loose with the H61 chipset. Also to the OP what is your budget? It would help us help you make better choices concerning your hardware if we know just what you have to work with. I like the GPU simply because of the deal your getting on it but it is out dated and if you ever want to add in a second card you will hard pressed to find a new card of the same model later on so if you can afford to go SLI now I would if I were you. Other than that I like the original setup you posted if it meets your budget/needs then I would stay with what you have. If you can afford to do SLI now with two of those cards I would go with the board I listed and two of those GPUs. The updated power supply would even be enough for two of those cards.
m
l
Anonymous
March 12, 2012 3:33:07 AM

How much is the 480?
m
l
March 12, 2012 3:40:12 AM

Quote:
How much is the 480?

As cheap as $250
m
l
March 12, 2012 4:02:21 AM

The PSU is bigger than it needs to be for one GTX480, but is otherwise good and would support expansion.
There is no longer any truth to general remarks denigrating microATX boards, especially with a locked CPU that cannot be overclocked anyway.
With Kepler right around the corner, the only thing I'd question is the old, hot, inefficient GTX480. Either wait for Kepler or for one of the AMD HD78xx cards.
m
l
!