Can my laptop run this cpu?

darkilark

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
Hello,
I have an asus n53sn, windows 7 64 bit. I want to upgrade my cpu to an i7 2630QM. I was wondering if my laptops heatsink can handle it and if my laptop can give it adequate power.

Solution
You shouldn't have to worry about the fan or heatsink. If Asus says the I7 is compatible than it will fit your socket and the heatsink will dissipate the heat just fine.

Laptop CPU compatabilty will depend on your motherboard. The best thing to do is to go onto Asus's website and look up your laptop model. Once you find that you'l see a CPU compatabilty list that will tell you all the CPU's that will work with you motherboard.

darkilark

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
Thanks for replying, according to the website, http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Multimedia_Entertainment/N53SN/#specifications, my laptop can be ordered to have the cpu. When I bought my laptop it had the i5. I'm not sure if when someone orders if with the i7, they also get a better heat sink and power supply. Thats why I'm not sure if when I replace my i5 with the i7 I also have to replace my PCU and heat sink.

If you want to upgrade to the I7 you have to upgrade to the I7 2630QM processor. According to Asus that is the only I7 mobile processor that is compatible with your motherboard.

Processor

Intel® Core™ i7 2630QM
Intel® Core™ i5 2410M
Intel® Core™ i3 2310M