Help on choosing cpu cooler

2fast4thetown_down

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
I have a i5 2500k and I am getting a 480which is a very hot card so when the system gets hot I dont want it to get really loud so I want a water cooler for the cpu only. Are there any recommendations on liquid cooled cpu coolers or quiet cpu coolers?

randomkid

Distinguished
If you are concerned about heat, why are you getting a 480? Is it a give away or at a great bargain so tempting?

If you are paying for it & need to upgrade your cooler, perhaps the expense that you will entail for the additional cooler will probably be more than enough to offset any savings you get from the bargain 480... Why not get a 7850? For a small price premium, you get the power efficient & cool card...

no. [:lutfij:2]

That would be a custom watercooling loop that uses a 120mm radiator.

2fast4thetown_down

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012

I m not concerned about heat just noise.

randomkid

Distinguished
Noise comes from heat. The hotter the graphics card is, the faster the fan needs to spin irregardless of its size to keep your temperature at bay. Choosing the 480 which you know is hot is like intentionally getting into a fight... Yes, you arm yourself & prepare and probably you will win, but why not avoid the fight altogether & save yourself some trouble & $.

If you want a reason to play with liquid coolers, then its a different story... :)

2fast4thetown_down

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012

That makes sense i want to get a liquid cooler though so which is better for a thermaltake v3? h100 or h80?