graphic options

whilst installing a game i accidentally disabled the
graphics card on my pc(settings, adaptor, general,
disabled it here). Now when i turn it on it goes through
the log on screens ok, but once it reaches the windows
desktop the screen is blank, i can't see a thing! I've
tried opening it in safe mode but this doesn't work
either. How do i turn the graphics back on? oh and
yes...i'm a fool i know!!!!
1 answer Last reply
More about graphic options

    "barry" <barry@jetchem.com> wrote
    | whilst installing a game i accidentally disabled the
    | graphics card on my pc(settings, adaptor, general,
    | disabled it here). Now when i turn it on it goes through
    | the log on screens ok, but once it reaches the windows
    | desktop the screen is blank, i can't see a thing! I've
    | tried opening it in safe mode but this doesn't work
    | either. How do i turn the graphics back on?

    Assuming you can boot and enter your password:

    Press these keys...
    [Winkey]+[R]

    Then type the following line...
    control desktop

    Then press these keys...
    [Enter]
    [Alt]+[Down Arrow]
    [w]
    [Enter]
    [Enter]

    after a few seconds you should have a standard theme.

Configuration Customization Windows XP