graphic options

Barry

whilst installing a game i accidentally disabled the
graphics card on my pc(settings, adaptor, general,
disabled it here). Now when i turn it on it goes through
the log on screens ok, but once it reaches the windows
desktop the screen is blank, i can't see a thing! I've
tried opening it in safe mode but this doesn't work
either. How do i turn the graphics back on? oh and
yes...i'm a fool i know!!!!

"barry" <barry@jetchem.com> wrote
| whilst installing a game i accidentally disabled the
| graphics card on my pc(settings, adaptor, general,
| disabled it here). Now when i turn it on it goes through
| the log on screens ok, but once it reaches the windows
| desktop the screen is blank, i can't see a thing! I've
| tried opening it in safe mode but this doesn't work
| either. How do i turn the graphics back on?

Assuming you can boot and enter your password:

Press these keys...
[Winkey]+[R]

Then type the following line...
control desktop

Then press these keys...
[Enter]
[Alt]+[Down Arrow]
[w]
[Enter]
[Enter]

after a few seconds you should have a standard theme.