Lexmark Z600 printer driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

chialuna

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
First of all, sorry for the bad english.
I've bought a used lexmark z601. i need to install it on a computer running windows 7. since it had no drivers in the box, i downloaded the vista 64 bit driver (which is the right one) from the web at least 3 times, but the computer keep saying that there is a missing element called lxbcpswx.exe which can not be found. this makes it impossible to use the printer.
what can i do? thank you.

Solution

Are you downloading from the Lexmark site ? If so, contact their support area and post your problem.

http://support.lexmark.com/index?page=productSelection&linkSelected=node0&locale=EN&userlocale=EN_US

PS: The only reference I find for lxbcpswx.exe , is at urls for malicious sites, so be careful if you...

Are you downloading from the Lexmark site ? If so, contact their support area and post your problem.

http://support.lexmark.com/index?page=productSelection&linkSelected=node0&locale=EN&userlocale=EN_US

PS: The only reference I find for lxbcpswx.exe , is at urls for malicious sites, so be careful if you search for it online !

Solution

Hopefully you did not pay too much, and can bite the bullet, and pitch the thing. If lexmark download is missing something, then not much you can do if as you say, they can't help you.

And not that it matters (I think) but are you sure you typed the filename correctly ? ----->>>>> lxbcpswx.exe

Should it be ----->>>>>lxbkpswx.exe ? I see this member mentioned in several posts on the WEB as missing in the installs from Lexmark !

chialuna

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2012
I might have typed the name wrong, i'm sorry! :) i can't check now 'cause the problem is actually on my parent's computer, not mine (i can live without a printer, they can't).
anyway, the printer was only 5 €, the problem is that i've been stupid enough to buy ink before trying it, so i've spent 40 € ... it must be karma for something i don't even remember.
thank you for your help, anyway! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.