New Built PC stopped working :'(

Hey,
I just built a PC few days back ( Details ) And it suddenly stopped working. First i was afraid that i must have lost the CPU or MB, but the cpu dosnt looks burned or anything, and the green light on MB is on and when i click the Bios update button on my MB, it starts a green light.
So now i think my PSU may have died cause i had connected 4 pin Molex fans to my PSU which aint spinning when i turn the PSU on (but im not sure if they used to spin when i turned the PC on or the PSU on, but they aint connected to my MB in anyways, just my PSU, shouldn't they spin? Or did i lost my MB or CPU?????
8 answers Last reply
More about built stopped working
  1. Give me your full hardware specifications as well as the brand/model of your PSU.
  2. Intel i7-3770k processor
    Asus P8Z77-V Pro MB
    Zotac GTX 680 GPU
    Corsair 850W Gold Modular PSU (AX850)
    WD Caviar Green 2 TB HDD
    Corsair 120 GB Force SSD
    Corsair Vengeance Ram 8gb
  3. Well nevermind, tried to do the paperclip test and the PSU blew up
  4. Call up Corsair. They're usually great about replacing defective hardware, or if you bought the parts locally, it would be even easier.
  5. Yea, ask Corsair to do an advanced exchange with you on the PSU, they'll ship em fast.
  6. I mailed them and they asked me to ship the product to Hong Kong... I was like Da fuk? Sent them another mail asking if i can ship it anywhere in India or not.
  7. Ouch, Corsiar AX PSU's are one of the best if not THE best PSU's on the market right now.

Wait until you have a replacement and then continue the thread to troubleshoot and run diagnostics.
  8. The motherboard is dead, im gona get a new one, but budget is low, So should i get a "ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard" or if really necessary then chip in some more cash and get a "ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional" or "ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE Motherboard "??
    Im only gona use it for gaming..
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Light Green