Solved

Plz post your suggestions

Hey guys,
I was wondering if my PC was good enough for todays world in gaming.
My pc configurations are.
Core2quad q6600 @ 3.6ghz
Asus p5k premium black pearl edition
8 gb ddr2 memory
500gb seagate 7200 rpm hdd
Gtx 560 Ti
Corsair GS 600 psu
Corsair h60 cpu cooler
Cooler master usp 100 cabinet
Any comment will be appreciated
Thanks in advance.
18 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about post suggestions
  1. What are you looking to upgrade?

    The C2Q is pretty decent but it will be a major lag on say playing Skyrim at full settings.

    If you want to add something, a good SSD like a Crucial M4 will give the load times in your system a huge boost in performance.
  2. I would say if you were going to upgrade anything, it would be to get rid of the processor for a quad core i5. The 560TI is a darn good card, really the CPU is probably holding it back from its full potential.

    You'll need a new mobo with an 1155 and z68 chipset, and DDR3 RAM

    My significant other is using an i5 with an older GTX 460 card to play Skryim and he runs it great.
  3. g-unit1111 said:
    What are you looking to upgrade?

    The C2Q is pretty decent but it will be a major lag on say playing Skyrim at full settings.

    If you want to add something, a good SSD like a Crucial M4 will give the load times in your system a huge boost in performance.


    Thnx for your reply. Right now i dont have enough money to buy a new processor, but i think i wil buy an ssd.
    And thnx for your suggestion
  4. nekulturny said:
    I would say if you were going to upgrade anything, it would be to get rid of the processor for a quad core i5. The 560TI is a darn good card, really the CPU is probably holding it back from its full potential.

    You'll need a new mobo with an 1155 and z68 chipset, and DDR3 RAM

    My significant other is using an i5 with an older GTX 460 card to play Skryim and he runs it great.

    I don t have enough money now so i dont think i can buy all these. But what do u thin about core2extreme?
  5. If that's the system you already have then how's it playing? Are you noticing any problems? If you are asking us if it's good enough you must be thinking its not somehow. If you can tell us your concerns we could be more specific in our answers. But keep in mind that the trend of advice on this board leans towards "buy a new this or upgrade to that". Everyone means well but some smaller, less costly tweaks often correct the problem - if we know what it is. :D
  6. Its running quite decent i was playin bf3 in my previous 8800 gt at medium setting @1920*1080
    But now i ve upgraded to gtx 560ti my concern is that my motherboards pcie x16 slot is 1.1 version whereas the 560 requires 2.1 pcie x16 slot
    So, will it damage my gpu?
  7. Hiranmoy said:
    Its running quite decent i was playin bf3 in my previous 8800 gt at medium setting @1920*1080
    But now i ve upgraded to gtx 560ti my concern is that my motherboards pcie x16 slot is 1.1 version whereas the 560 requires 2.1 pcie x16 slot
    So, will it damage my gpu?

    You should be fine. They are supposed to be backwardly compatible. You just won't realize the full potential of your card. Keep an eye on your temps. Put a new cpu/motherboard on your future wish list though (sorry had to say it - it's like an infection or something after you've been on these boards for awhile - you must suggest some new upgrade). :lol:
  8. Best answer
    On the plus side for performance, you did overclock the hell out of that CPU. No, I doubt your card will be hurt by it. Its running and so long as it fit in the slot without slamming it in there...

    As far as core2extreme, good CPU in its day.. Only thing is, it's today now. But hey, you're talking to a guy who just got a Phenom II last month.

    Funny comment I once saw on a hardware review site, I'm unable to find it now to quote it verbatim, but a guy said something to the affect of: "This CPU is like your dad at the nightclub, dad has some awesome dance moves, but they're dance moves from his time, they're still interesting to watch but eventually the younger guy takes over as the center of attention"

    Funny thing about that review, you ask the ladies who they'd rather take home for a more satisfying time.....Well... "Dad" is usually the better bet, he knows what hes doing.
  9. nekulturny said:
    On the plus side for performance, you did overclock the hell out of that CPU. No, I doubt your card will be hurt by it. Its running and so long as it fit in the slot without slamming it in there...

    As far as core2extreme, good CPU in its day.. Only thing is, it's today now. But hey, you're talking to a guy who just got a Phenom II last month.

    Funny comment I once saw on a hardware review site, I'm unable to find it now to quote it verbatim, but a guy said something to the affect of: "This CPU is like your dad at the nightclub, dad has some awesome dance moves, but they're dance moves from his time, they're still interesting to watch but eventually the younger guy takes over as the center of attention"

    Funny thing about that review, you ask the ladies who they'd rather take home for a more satisfying time.....Well... "Dad" is usually the better bet, he knows what hes doing.


    Good one. :lol:
  10. nekulturny said:
    On the plus side for performance, you did overclock the hell out of that CPU. No, I doubt your card will be hurt by it. Its running and so long as it fit in the slot without slamming it in there...

    As far as core2extreme, good CPU in its day.. Only thing is, it's today now. But hey, you're talking to a guy who just got a Phenom II last month.

    Funny comment I once saw on a hardware review site, I'm unable to find it now to quote it verbatim, but a guy said something to the affect of: "This CPU is like your dad at the nightclub, dad has some awesome dance moves, but they're dance moves from his time, they're still interesting to watch but eventually the younger guy takes over as the center of attention"

    Funny thing about that review, you ask the ladies who they'd rather take home for a more satisfying time.....Well... "Dad" is usually the better bet, he knows what hes doing.

    Ya good one. Best cpu quote :sol:
    But i think my dad wont let me buy a new pc until next year as i have to prepare for exams to get seat in some reputed college.
    So i think my present rig will do just fine for a year. What do you think?
  11. Chaz21 said:
    You should be fine. They are supposed to be backwardly compatible. You just won't realize the full potential of your card. Keep an eye on your temps. Put a new cpu/motherboard on your future wish list though (sorry had to say it - it's like an infection or something after you've been on these boards for awhile - you must suggest some new upgrade). :lol:

    Ya i know u r right but i will have to be with my present rig for atleast year :pfff:
  12. Hiranmoy said:
    Ya good one. Best cpu quote :sol:
    But i think my dad wont let me buy a new pc until next year as i have to prepare for exams to get seat in some reputed college.
    So i think my present rig will do just fine for a year. What do you think?



    Yeah you'll be fine... if you're already playing the games fine now, its not gonna hurt anything, barring any kind of damage from running the clock so high on the cpu. It could be better, but I doubt in the next year your system will be so obsolete that it can't play a new game. Computer technology is always advancing, but not quite *that* fast. You may not get the highest graphics settings, but playable nevertheless.
  13. Will my processor be damaged @3.6 ghz? Even after water cooling?
    And i played bf3 on highest settings @1080p :-)
    Just had to drop the anti analising to 4x and shadows to medium
  14. Hiranmoy said:
    Ya i know u r right but i will have to be with my present rig for atleast year :pfff:

    As long as you keep your expectations reasonable with your game play - you'll be just fine for a year or so.
    Good luck to you! :)
  15. Hiranmoy said:
    Will my processor be damaged @3.6 ghz? Even after water cooling?
    And i played bf3 on highest settings @1080p :-)
    Just had to drop the anti analising to 4x and shadows to medium



    Always the risk associated with overclocking, granted the risk isn't nearly as great as it used to be. I'm not sure but3.6ghz sounds pretty high though for a 24/7 overclock on that CPU. Realistically, it probably will shorten its overall lifespan Just keep an eye on your temperatures and make sure its in the accepted limits.
  16. nekulturny said:
    Always the risk associated with overclocking, granted the risk isn't nearly as great as it used to be. I'm not sure but3.6ghz sounds pretty high though for a 24/7 overclock on that CPU. Realistically, it probably will shorten its overall lifespan Just keep an eye on your temperatures and make sure its in the accepted limits.

    Thnx fo the support. And i think i will down clock it a bit until its required :-)
  17. Thanx for every ones support and answers :-)
  18. Best answer selected by Hiranmoy.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Corsair Systems