Need help choosing some peripherals and a GPU

kirbydude1234

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
I guess I should say that I don't know if this is the right section, but I need to know what monitor, mouse, keyboard and GPU I should get.
I'm fairly young and I don't have an actual job, so I work in the family business (my dad owns a food truck...). This means I don't get much money, which means that I am spreading all my purchases out. The first thing I am buying (hopefully in about 2 weeks) is a mouse. I am fairly sure that I want the Cyborg MMO 7 but if anyone suggests something over that, I'm all ears. The next thing is a monitor. Right now, I'm just getting as Acer/Asus (depending on where I buy it from) 23" HDMI/DVI/VGA monitor (HDMI so I can plug in xbox/ps3). If anyone thinks I should spend a little extra for a bigger monitor or if a smaller monitor is plenty, then let me know. I do, however, want full 1080p on it so anything below 1920 x 1080 is unwanted.
That brings me to where I am most undecided; the keyboard. I have looked hard at many different keyboards. First I was going to get the ROCCAT Isku (along with the Kone[+] mouse) and then I found the cyborg MMO and fell in love, so it was pointless to get the keyboard. I then moved to the Corsair K90 because of its macro capabilities and mechanical keys. But now, after looking at more complex keyboards like the Logitech G19, the azio mech4 levetron and the saitek cyborg, I have been having second thoughts about keyboards. See, ideally, I want one thing from each of these. The G19 has so many useful buttons and features and has a customizable backlight, along with the color LCD. The Levetron is fully mechanical and modular, which I really like. The K90 has a ton of macro keys, mechanical cherry mx red and I love the stainless steel finish. I like the Saitek Cyborg because of the price, the touch screen and how f***ing badass it looks. I don't play too hardcore games (most played are CSS, minecraft, TF2, assassin's creed and crysis 2) but I really want something that feels nice to type on. Price isn't too much of a problem, and if there are any keyboards out there that anyone thinks are better than the ones I listed, then go ahead and tell 'em.

Finally, I am undecided on a GPU. I currently have the Galaxy GTX 550 Ti 2GB, but I learned after looking at specs that it isn't a very good card. I think I want either the GTX 570 or 670, but I'll consider the 680 if the price isn't outrageous. The more VRAM the better, but CUDA cores mean more to me. Right now, I am fairly sure I want the EVGA GTX 670 FTW edition, but I am also looking at the EVGA 570 with 2570MB of VRAM. Anyway, if anybody has any opinion of any of these subjects (mouse, monitor, GPU, keyboard) then post whatever. If nobody sways me, I think I'll go with MMO 7, Acer 23" monitor, Corsair K90 and the GTX 670 FTW. Thanks.

~Kirby~

i5-2500k @ 4.2GHz
Cooler Master something something something evo CPU cooler
MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3)
GTX 550 Ti 2GB
Dell 17" non-widescreen monitor
Thermaltake Chaser MK-I full tower case
Rosewill 80 plus bronze certified 1000w PSU
Kensington Ci70 keyboard'
Gearhead KB5150W (doesn't have a name, just copied item No.)
that's all that matters.

randomkid

Distinguished
I would actually go for the cheaper Gigabyte:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125423

This is because I am biased to multiple fan equipped GPU's for cooler & quieter operation. Of course you need to have good airflow for these kinds of GPU's but seeing that you do have the full tower, I am sure this is no problem.

I do not recommend mouse, keyboard or monitor as I see these as purely based on personal preference so I will not sway you from what you have selected.

kirbydude1234

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
Alright... Only problem there is the absence of a DVI to VGA connector because my current monitor is VGA only and I plan on using it even after I get my new monitor as a web browser/file stuff monitor.

EDIT: hey, we have pretty much the same motherboard!

randomkid

Distinguished

No problem. With these, you still come out better & cheaper:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814999201
or
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814998101

Yeah... I like MSI. :)