Help me to find a system configuration

Nimish

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
Hello

I need a system configuration, my working environment is 3d modelling and rendering .I am using solid words,Ansys etc softwares. Can you guys please help to choose a good configuration, my budget is 32 K .Thanks in advance.

Nimish

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012

Thanks. Yea in Rs
[cpp] Approximate Purchase Date[/b]:Within this week
Budget Range:32K Rs
System Usage from Most to Least Important: 3d modeling, 3d analysis,Using softwares Solidwroks,anysys,etc
Parts Not Required:Hard Disk
Overclocking:Maybe
SLI or Crossfire: May be
Monitor Resolution:Normal
Parts Preferences: intel i7/i5,1gb graphics card
[/cpp]

randomkid

Distinguished

doron

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
32k Rs == 570 USD right?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/aS62

Add Nvidia Quadro 600 (1gb) for 150$ and you get $570.

I used an american / canadian website, if you give me an indian website I'll be able to tweak this build according to prices there.

Anysis is supposed to work well with Quadro, but just in case you know something we don't, AMD FirePro V3900 is an excellent bargain for SolidWorks and other CAD applications, it beats the Quadro 600 no problems and costs about $30 less (which can be used for more RAM or better processor).

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/firepro-v3900-review-benchmark,3153-9.html

Nimish

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply.I really appreciate solving my headache on this.I have some doubts too . Is over clocking improve the performance of my system ? I had searched on google and if we looking for over clocking go for i5 2500k processor and mob asus p8p67 pro . I don't know is it necessary for my working environment.If it is a good option i can compromise something on my budget.Hope i can hear from yo soon

ram1009

Distinguished
Generally speaking you should build the most powerful system you can afford. The only concession you need to make to Solidworks is to use one of their approved boards. Personally, I recommend Nvidia over AMD/ATI as the latter has always had buggy drivers. If you fail to use one of the recommended boards and drivers you will have problems with SW tech support.

Nimish

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012

Hi ram
Thanks for the response.This is my current configuration
[cpp]
Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboar
4 GB ddr3 1600
ATI FirePro V3900 1GB Video Card/ Quadro 600

[/cpp]

My doubt is if i use around 80$ mob and increase graphics card memory to 2gb will increase my performance of the system.I heard to use over clocking, better mob is needed.i am not stick with my i5 over clocking processor. I am willing to take any good suggestions from u guys.
Thanks

ram1009

Distinguished

You will see little or no improvements in SW from over clocking. Unless you're gaming it's a waste of time and if you intend to game you will need a different GPU as the gaming & pro cards have completely different drivers. I've been using a Quadro 600 for about a year and have no complaints. Which GPU you use depends upon the size/complexity of your projects. Ask SW tech support.

Nimish

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012

Hi ram

Thanks again for the instant response. I think i5 2500k is mainly used as an over clocking processor, Do u have any other good configuration on my current budget, It help me to take a decision. I am so confused now.

ram1009

Distinguished
I think you're over thinking this. If you take my advice and forget over clocking you can save a little money on an i5 2400. You can't go wrong with an Asus MB. You won't need a CPU cooler. RAM is cheap and easy to pick. Get the Quadro 600 unless you think you will have more complicated projects. I don't know how to convert your currency so I hope this is within your budget. Good luck.

Nimish

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012

Ok thanks ram for the valuable suggestions. I am going for i5 2400 with asus MB and Quadro 600