Graphics Card Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

chub11

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
I was browsing Newegg trying to find a card for a new build and came across a card from Visiontek. It seems like a good deal (Radeon 6850 for $140) but as I had never heard of Visiontek before, I wasn't sure whether it was a good buy. Are brands as important with graphics cards as they are with things like power supplies? And if so, is Visiontek a good brand to buy from?

Solution
I dunno how much extra it is, but like jdwii, I would suggest either Sapphire or Asus, both make great Radeon cards, although MSI are good as well. If I were you though, I would stay away from HiS, Powercolor, XFX... I've had bad experience with all of them. (If you had to choose any of those, XFX isn't tooooo bad)

jdwii

Splendid

Ha ha get sapphire its the same amount of money and a great brand

lhaskew

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
I would recommend a brand like XFX or especially Sapphire. You might also want to consider if it is a reference or non-reference card, especially if you plan to overclock. Like InternetSwagg said.... Make sure you get one with more than a one year warranty.

FtsArTek

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
I dunno how much extra it is, but like jdwii, I would suggest either Sapphire or Asus, both make great Radeon cards, although MSI are good as well. If I were you though, I would stay away from HiS, Powercolor, XFX... I've had bad experience with all of them. (If you had to choose any of those, XFX isn't tooooo bad)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.