Cpu restarts it self

Hello,
i have brought a new cpu with configuration
-Amd fx quad cor-4100 processor
-gigabyte 880 motherboard
-4gb ram
-512mb ati radeon 4250
and i have installed windows 7 in it and everything worked fine for 2 to 3 days and after that it started to automatically restart itself and reinstalled os but having the same problem..... what would be the reason for it?
21 answers Last reply
More about restarts self
  1. have you installed any new hardware or software?
  2. Are you getting a blue screen before the system restarts? If so, then you might have bad memory.
  3. Are you using your old PSU in the new rig?
  4. abekl said:
    Are you getting a blue screen before the system restarts? If so, then you might have bad memory.

no i am not getting any bsod but just restarts and everythng works fine after restart
  5. What is the make of the PSU?
  6. alyoshka said:
    Are you using your old PSU in the new rig?

i am using the brand new psu
  7. plz suggest me something what to do ASAP
  8. Sorry, there's not a whole lot to go on here. The only suggestion I have at this point is to use a program called memtest+86 to test your memory. Memtest+86 is a program you you either burn to a cd or to a thumb drive, then boot from that drive.
  9. What are your CPU temps? Is your CPU overheating? have you installed your CPU heatsink correctly?
  10. bartholomew said:
    What are your CPU temps? Is your CPU overheating? have you installed your CPU heatsink correctly?

cpu temperatures are fine i have checked them
  11. Did you run Memtest+86? & please mention your PSU? Wattage, Brand name etc...
  12. Sorry, there's not a whole lot to go on here. The only suggestion I have at this point is to use a program called memtest+86 to test your memory. Memtest+86 is a program you you either burn to a cd or to a thumb drive, then boot from that drive.[/quocan
    can i use ultimate boot cd to test the ram instead of memtest 86
  13. sairohit123 said:
    can i use ultimate boot cd to test the ram instead of memtest 86

Yes
  14. abekl said:
    Sorry, there's not a whole lot to go on here. The only suggestion I have at this point is to use a program called memtest+86 to test your memory. Memtest+86 is a program you you either burn to a cd or to a thumb drive, then boot from that drive.

can i use ultimate boot cd instead of memtest 86 if not can u send me a link of memtest86
  15. Download - http://www.memtest86.com/download.html#R40a

Technical Info. - http://www.memtest86.com/tech.html

But first mention which PSU you're using. Wattage, Brand name etc...
    PC restart problems are mostly associated with PSUs.
  16. bartholomew said:
    Download - http://www.memtest86.com/download.html#R40a

Technical Info. - http://www.memtest86.com/tech.html

But first mention which PSU you're using. Wattage, Brand name etc...
    PC restart problems are mostly associated with PSUs.

230 v bulzer psu
  17. memtest has no errors..........i have not mentioned one thing here my ups is not working well is this might be the problem?
  18. Test your PC without the UPS. If it still restarts, then its most probably the PSU.
  19. bartholomew said:
    Test your PC without the UPS. If it still restarts, then its most probably the PSU.

ok
  20. GOD!! who ever suggested that case to you must really be new at making pcs.
    Get a standard PSU, I don't think techcom is that bad for a standard user in india, they aren't the best PSU makers, far from it, but still they dish out standard cheap crap. A 450W PSU from techcom comes for about 400INR with all the required cables for a 20+4 plus 8 and a PCIe Power pin.... so it ought to work with atleast one GPU.
    If nothing works, go get one of them and use it.
  21. alyoshka said:
    GOD!! who ever suggested that case to you must really be new at making pcs.
    Get a standard PSU, I don't think techcom is that bad for a standard user in india, they aren't the best PSU makers, far from it, but still they dish out standard cheap crap. A 450W PSU from techcom comes for about 400INR with all the required cables for a 20+4 plus 8 and a PCIe Power pin.... so it ought to work with atleast one GPU.
    If nothing works, go get one of them and use it.

i will definetily buy 450watts thanq
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Configuration CPUs Components