Memory Card ?

Last response: in Digital Camera
June 6, 2005 8:46:48 PM

Hello group,

My son has given me a Nikon Coolpix 4600 and I need to buy a memory card.
If someone could suggest the 'right' one that will give maximum amount of
pics for this camera I'd greatly appreciate it. It has video capabilities,
if that matters, so I think I'll need quite a large size memory card.

Thanks

More about : memory card

June 6, 2005 8:46:49 PM

seacrest wrote:
> Hello group,
>
> My son has given me a Nikon Coolpix 4600 and I need to buy a memory card.
> If someone could suggest the 'right' one that will give maximum amount of
> pics for this camera I'd greatly appreciate it. It has video capabilities,
> if that matters, so I think I'll need quite a large size memory card.
>
> Thanks

Go for the card with the largest megapixel rating. It doesn't have to be from Nikon.
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 9:53:54 PM

Marvin wrote:
[]
> Go for the card with the largest megapixel rating. It doesn't have
> to be from Nikon.

Megapixels?
Related resources
June 6, 2005 10:05:06 PM

"seacrest" <seacrest9x@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello group,
>
> My son has given me a Nikon Coolpix 4600 and I need to buy a memory card.
> If someone could suggest the 'right' one that will give maximum amount of
> pics for this camera I'd greatly appreciate it. It has video
capabilities,
> if that matters, so I think I'll need quite a large size memory card.
>
> Thanks
>
> Get the biggest one you can afford, I would go for at least a 512mb SD
card or even a 1GB.
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 10:05:07 PM

Thanks! Just needed confirmation on what my son suggested. :)

"Mike" <mikyyy@notcom> wrote in message

> "seacrest" <seacrest9x@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hello group,
> >
> > My son has given me a Nikon Coolpix 4600 and I need to buy a memory
card.
> > If someone could suggest the 'right' one that will give maximum amount
of
> > pics for this camera I'd greatly appreciate it. It has video
> capabilities,
> > if that matters, so I think I'll need quite a large size memory card.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Get the biggest one you can afford, I would go for at least a 512mb SD
> card or even a 1GB.

Anonymous
June 7, 2005 12:36:08 AM

"David J Taylor"
<david-taylor@blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk.invalid> wrote in
message news:S40pe.46274$G8.18162@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Marvin wrote:
> []
>> Go for the card with the largest megapixel rating. It doesn't have
>> to be from Nikon.
>
> Megapixels?

Yes, memory cards come with a built in camera these days. ;-)
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 12:37:22 AM

So in the future you can assume that he is telling the truth and he does
know things.

> Thanks! Just needed confirmation on what my son suggested. :)
>

> "Mike" <mikyyy@notcom> wrote in message
>>
>> "seacrest" <seacrest9x@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello group,
>> >
>> > My son has given me a Nikon Coolpix 4600 and I need to buy a memory
> card.
>> > If someone could suggest the 'right' one that will give maximum amount
> of
>> > pics for this camera I'd greatly appreciate it. It has video
>> capabilities,
>> > if that matters, so I think I'll need quite a large size memory card.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > Get the biggest one you can afford, I would go for at least a 512mb SD
>> card or even a 1GB.

Anonymous
June 7, 2005 2:09:16 AM

seacrest wrote:
> Hello group,
>
> My son has given me a Nikon Coolpix 4600 and I need to buy a memory
> card. If someone could suggest the 'right' one that will give maximum
> amount of pics for this camera I'd greatly appreciate it. It has
> video capabilities, if that matters, so I think I'll need quite a
> large size memory card.
>
> Thanks

I have one suggestion, not knowing the camera or your needs well.

Two cards half the capacity of one larger card are worth more. If one
dies, you still can function, you can be downloading one while working with
the other, etc.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 5:20:39 AM

> So in the future you can assume that he is telling the truth and he does
> know things.
>
> > Thanks! Just needed confirmation on what my son suggested. :)

Very true! I should have known better! ha

Thank you again, all. I'm going to sit back now and try to learn something
about photography.
!