CPU problem...

vipboy28

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
Hi all this is my first post i have been on here a few times reading post and what not and i have to say im a big fan of this Community. But rather than having good News i have Bad News...

Ok So first ill give a list of all my bare Componets of my system and maybe one of you younglads can help me out.

1) Intel® Core 2 Duo E6700 Conroe Processor 2.67GHz, 1066FSB, LGA775, 4MB Cache

2)EVGA 122-CK-NF68 nForce 680i SLI Socket 775 1333MHz DDR2 - 1000 Extreme Overclocking

3)Thermaltake W0117RU Toughpower 750W Power Supply

4)Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4 2GB Kit DDR2-800 XMS2-6400 Xtreme Performance Memory

5)BFG BFGR88768GTXE GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB GDDR3 PCI Express Video Card w/Dual-DVI, HDTV

Ok now heres the problem. This system was up and running Fine the First 20days in use. I left it on to make sure everything could handle 1-2 days steady running. So I tried to install a CD/DVD-rom Burner (sony 18x) which worked Perfectly in my Old computer and a old Floppy which work fine too. When i tried to boot up the system again after unplugging all the both 6pins and about 3 4-pin connectors the Computer loaded and froze at Windows Loading Screen. So i unplugged all the IDE devices (burner and Floppy) and tried again. Now the Computer stays on for about 30 seconds and then all the power cuts off, But the LED lights from the MOBO are still on. When i tried to reboot the CPU again it gave me a Message "Warning System is in SafeMode. Please Reset CPU and Memory Frequency's"

Problem is i cant do that because i only have about 5-10 seconds to get into my Bios and try to Reset all my bios settings.

So i think its the CPU thats Fried. Im not Sure though. I also heard that it could be my PowerSupply.

ANyways thanks for all the help and all your time.

michiganteddybear

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
did you plug the stuff you unplugged back in. the vid card is gonna need them plugs to work.

as far as the other connectors, depending on what they go to, they may or may not cause a problem if left unplugged

vipboy28

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
No i plugged everything back in to where it was supposed to go. Now i think its a video cards issue... im getting 3 beeps at boot up and sometimes the connection doesnt show anything on my monitor!

darkguset

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Try the usual:

Reset CMOS
Resit memory sticks in their place (take them out completely and then back in the DIMMs)
Unplug everything and take it out of the case and do your testing there

good luck

vipboy28

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
Well ive done all that the only things i havent Tested are the 750W power Supply or The Bfg8800gtx. Heres the funny thing. EVGA is saying its Thermaltake and Thermaltake is saying its BFG. I dunno wtf is going on lol. I tested the ram by switching it and reseting Bios by Jumpers. I also loaded my computer w/o the Video cards and all the Power cuts off in the same amount of time so i dont think its that. Thanks anyways.!

darkguset

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Well ive done all that the only things i havent Tested are the 750W power Supply or The Bfg8800gtx. Heres the funny thing. EVGA is saying its Thermaltake and Thermaltake is saying its BFG. I dunno wtf is going on lol. I tested the ram by switching it and reseting Bios by Jumpers. I also loaded my computer w/o the Video cards and all the Power cuts off in the same amount of time so i dont think its that. Thanks anyways.!

No point of contacting any companies without any proof that their hardware does not work. They will blame either you, or some other hardware vendor in order to get rid of you asap.

What do you mean that they are the only things that you haven't tested yet? Did you test your rig with another CPU or mobo? It sounds like the mobo has gone "bye bye".

TRENDING THREADS