Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Hp pavilion dv2550ee notebook pc no display is coming

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 8, 2012 8:48:52 AM

Dear All,

I am having a HP Pavilion DV2550ee Laptop. This laptop is 4 years old. The OS is Windows Vista Home Premium. Recently, the system got crashed after a windows update for Nvida display. After somedays, I can recover it to normal stage and I started using the default display driver privided by the OS at the stage of Windows installation.

Two days back, the laptop having some problem. When I switch On the Laptop, it turns on and reach to the Desktop but there is no display. I can hear the sound when it comes to the desktop. But there is no display. How to resolve this problem?

Best solution

January 8, 2012 10:34:15 AM

Akhileeshraju,

My first suggestion would be to do a system restore.

Start your laptop up with a Windows rescue disk (make one if you didn't make one when you got the laptop).

If you have the OS installation disk, there is the option to repair to a system restore point (which is what you want to do - restore to a date BEFORE you downloaded the nVidia update),
or if you dont have the Original (or AN original) Install/ OS disk, try somewhere like THIS to download one -
You may have to get a friend to download and burn the disk image for you.

Also, may I suggest making regular restore points to help when this sort of thing happens, and keep that System recovery disk for future problems.

Hope that helps you get working,

John
January 9, 2012 2:32:00 AM

veebee said:
Akhileeshraju,

Start your laptop up with a Windows rescue disk (make one if you didn't make one when you got the laptop).

If you have the OS installation disk, there is the option to repair to a system restore point (which is what you want to do - restore to a date BEFORE you downloaded the nVidia update),
or if you dont have the Original (or AN original) Install/ OS disk, try somewhere like THIS to download one -

Also, may I suggest making regular restore points to help when this sort of thing happens, and keep that System recovery disk for future problems.

John

Thanks for the reply.

Veebee, I am having the laptop with blank screen is coming (black screen). Rest of all things working normally. I can hear the sound when it reaches the desktop. Without seeing the desktop or with this blank screen (black screen), how can I select the options to restore or create a Windows Rescue Disk?
Score
Related resources
January 9, 2012 7:38:12 AM

As I said, ave to get a friend to burn the rescue disk.
it will contain enough drivers etc to get the computer to work to complete the system restore.

If the monitor still doesn't work even via a rescue disk, then maybe at 4 years old it is time for it to go to sleep or go and pay someone to fix/ replace the monitior.
Score
January 16, 2012 3:22:33 AM

veebee said:
Akhileeshraju,

John

Veebee,

Last day I turn on the laptop after a long rest. It works and the display is alright. I do clear all the temp files, temp internet files, cookies, unwanted programs from the start up etc and restart the system. It works fine. And make a restore point. After that, I tried to update the system. It freezes again while installing an update for the graphics card (Nvidia). I forcefully shutdown and restart the system after a while.

The system is working fine. And now on standard VGA card. It is working fine. The problem may happened from the update for the graphics card (Nvidia).

Akhilesh
Score
January 16, 2012 3:23:09 AM

Best answer selected by akhileshraju.
Score
!