Sign in with
Your question

Are my temps good or bad? i7-950 stock speed with hyper 212 plus

Last response: in Components
June 26, 2012 11:17:09 AM

I ran Prime95 for about 20 minutes here are my temps with normal clock settings on my I7-950 with a Hyper 212 plus for air cooling with standard fan that comes with it only (did not add a 2nd fan or replace it with a better one).

So my question is how are my temps with this heatsink? It's the first one I've ever installed and my first attempt failed (tried spread method=epic fail) this time tried line method which I'm sticking to but I don't know if I put to much or to little thus why I'm posting my temps at stock speed settings.
(I have also tried an O.C. with 3.6ghz with no probs, but on prime95 it hits 81 celcius on hottest core within a couple minutes. However in the games I play it never go's past my t-max (67.9c) even though I'm using the highest graphics settings. (sorry no screenies of those temps)
June 26, 2012 11:55:00 AM

you did rite using the line metheod. just put a line that goes 3-4mm in from the top to the bottom the thickness of the tube opening. then place the heat sync down and press firmly into place. after pressing down rotate it left and right a few degrees til you feel it stiffen then lock it in place.
if they are your load temps then there fine. if there idle then you need a better spread on your paste. also make sure your voltages are stock. some asus motherboards are a little to generous with even the stock cpu voltages they should be between 1.18125 and 1.2125 depending on the board. if there set higher try reducing them a little, this will reduce the temps a little also...
m
l
June 27, 2012 8:31:26 PM

HEXiT said:
you did rite using the line metheod. just put a line that goes 3-4mm in from the top to the bottom the thickness of the tube opening. then place the heat sync down and press firmly into place. after pressing down rotate it left and right a few degrees til you feel it stiffen then lock it in place.
if they are your load temps then there fine. if there idle then you need a better spread on your paste. also make sure your voltages are stock. some asus motherboards are a little to generous with even the stock cpu voltages they should be between 1.18125 and 1.2125 depending on the board. if there set higher try reducing them a little, this will reduce the temps a little also...

So would you say I should be fine with my overclock temp as well even though it hits 81c in prime95 but never gos above my 67.9c recommended temp max while gaming? I just don't think prime95 is realistic regular use for temperatures for normal-high graphic gaming use and get the feeling its mainly for benchmark purposes.
m
l
!