Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

I7 3820 + ga-x79-ud3 not booting!

Last response: in Components
Share
June 26, 2012 12:16:30 PM

Hello!

I've got a hold of a completely new ga-x79 and i7 3820, but when I start, the fans go on, but there is no speaker sound and the screen doesn't even start.

I can't get into BIOS, I've tried to change all memory slots with no luck, and booting without memory makes the speaker go beep.

I have taken out and in the Motherboard battery, and changed the GPU slot.

What can I do? Please help!

More about : 3820 x79 ud3 booting

a b } Memory
June 27, 2012 3:06:36 AM

can you try another gpu or try this gpu in another pc?
I've only seen this a couple of time but , IIRC, it was the motherboard both times.
June 28, 2012 11:39:03 AM

simont93 said:
Hello!

I've got a hold of a completely new ga-x79 and i7 3820, but when I start, the fans go on, but there is no speaker sound and the screen doesn't even start.

I can't get into BIOS, I've tried to change all memory slots with no luck, and booting without memory makes the speaker go beep.

I have taken out and in the Motherboard battery, and changed the GPU slot.

What can I do? Please help!


I'm having that exact same problem. After doing a few days of troubleshooting, then researching, It looks like the BIOS installed on ga-x79-ud3 that we purchased may not support the i7-3820. From what it looks like you have two options. Either find a cpu that is supported by the boards current bios and update the bios or RMA the board back to gigabyte so they can install the new bios themselves. You can go to

http://rma.gigabyte.us/DirectRMA/EndUser_Main.asp

to request an RMA. It will probably take a few days and when they accept it and send you an e-mail you will get both a shipping label for the outside of the box as well as a paper to print, fill out, and stick inside the box.

in a few hours here when my post office opens i'm sending off the board, with high hopes!

Good luck to ya!
Related resources
June 28, 2012 2:47:39 PM

Gigabyte promptly said no to my request for them.

They redirected me to the store, who redirected me to Gigabyte, who said no and redirected me to the store, who said no.
June 28, 2012 9:53:44 PM

simont93 said:
Gigabyte promptly said no to my request for them.

They redirected me to the store, who redirected me to Gigabyte, who said no and redirected me to the store, who said no.

D:
June 29, 2012 8:15:10 AM

I will investigate this to secure the best end-user support from our dealers. Can you please provide the name of the shop and the contact data for the person witch told you this?

We will like to help you, and you can send the motherboard to:

GIGABYTE Nordic
--

We will update the BIOS and return the motherboard to you. Remember to enclose a document telling that you like to update the BIOS to support the i7 3820 for the motherboard. Also remember to write your name, return address and phone number.

Gigabyte delivered, now! Shall I provide them with the contact data for the witch?
June 29, 2012 2:48:01 PM

SHOW NOOOOOOOOOO MERCY!
July 18, 2012 8:36:10 PM

simont93 said:
I will investigate this to secure the best end-user support from our dealers. Can you please provide the name of the shop and the contact data for the person witch told you this?

We will like to help you, and you can send the motherboard to:

GIGABYTE Nordic
--

We will update the BIOS and return the motherboard to you. Remember to enclose a document telling that you like to update the BIOS to support the i7 3820 for the motherboard. Also remember to write your name, return address and phone number.

Gigabyte delivered, now! Shall I provide them with the contact data for the witch?


Ahh sweet relief when I found this, have been troubleshooting this all afternoon when I at last found this thread, pls can You tell me how to get this fixed i.e. BIOS updated,
can GIGABYTE NORDIC do this, looks like the fastest track ???
/OveO & a not working ..UD3 with i7-3820
July 31, 2012 4:51:09 AM

I got the board back and sure enough after the bios update it works, hope you got a good outcome as well!
June 10, 2013 6:02:07 PM

I was experiencing this problem , but I fixed it by setting my SSD as the first boot device (had OS installed) and I also plugged the motherboard speaker in. Then everything booted correctly.
!