My pc keeps shuting down for no point by itself?

Matriix_22

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
Hey guys, my pc keeps shuting down out of no were. And when i turn it back on what ever i was doing like on youtube is like it was before it ever shut down.
I really need help! It was my new build:

CORSAIR Gaming Series GS800 800W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC High Performance

G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR

Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

GTX 560 ti 2gb

MSI Z77A-G45 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

ASUS DVD Burner Black SATA Model DRW-24B3ST/BLK/G/AS

Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with Upgraded USB 3.0

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - OEM

It runs fine for like 30 mins and does it. Mostly when i am not on it.

Solution
Is the machine "shutting down," or is it merely "going to sleep," since you say it picks up right where you left off when you bring it back up? When it shuts down, is the power LED blinking? If so, it may just be asleep or hibernating. Check in your Power settings in Control Panel. Tell it to never sleep and do not allow hibernation and see what happens.
How are your temps?
Modify the restart behavior for the computer. To do this, follow these steps:
- Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
- Click Advanced system settings.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- In the Startup and Recovery section, click Settings.
- Click to clear the Automatically restart check box.

This will let you get the BSOD when your computer reboots/shuts down. To check for errors on previous shut downs you can check the system event log:
- Click the Start button .
- In the Search box, type Event Viewer and hit enter
- In the list of results, double-click Event Viewer.

Let us know if you're getting any errors in the event log at the time that your PC is shutting down. Another possibility is that your system wis restarting after updates are being installed; are you getting any restart notifications from Windows? (a notification will show in a box above the task tray)

If your PC was rebooted as part of a MS update, then Event viewer should give you the reason(s) for the reboot. How often is this happening and how many times has it happened already? Have you updated all of your drivers? You said that this happens while you're away from the PC; do you have any programs running that are causing loads while you're away (maybe a distributed computing program like Folding @ Home or SETI's project)? Is it happening during gaming or when running a particular program?

Have you tried running stress tests? If not, then I'd run Memtest86 in a loop on the RAM for a couple of hours. If that's good, then I'd run simultaneous instances of Prime95 (CPU test) and Furmark (GPU test) for an hour. Use the mobo's utility to monitor temps and voltages while stress testing; log results if the program has that functionality.

Is the machine "shutting down," or is it merely "going to sleep," since you say it picks up right where you left off when you bring it back up? When it shuts down, is the power LED blinking? If so, it may just be asleep or hibernating. Check in your Power settings in Control Panel. Tell it to never sleep and do not allow hibernation and see what happens.
How are your temps?

Solution

Matriix_22

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012

Ok i just looked deeper in the event viewer and there was 1,364 errors. Some are critical (System shut down) most are just errors (Ntfs) and others are warnings (Ntfs)

Matriix_22

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012

Wow i am a dumass that was happing it was sleeping but it seems like it was off. Wow!
Thanks

Thanks. Check on all those Event Log errors though, in case you've got a failing disk or other problems. If they are things that could be caused by the delayed spin-up of your hard drive, they may have been a consequence of the drive powering down when the system slept.