questions about my build

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Build
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
March 12, 2012 4:02:32 PM

this is my first build. i'm just making sure of everything before i order it! :D 

Intel Core i5 2500

Zotac GeForce GTX 560ti (or possible Crossfire radeons)

Asus 3 way CrossfireX/SLI motherboard

8gb of ram

1tb westerd digital hard drive.

will a 750w power supply do the trick if i overclock my processor and graphics card(s)? or should i go with an 850w?

should i go with radeons? or the GTX 560ti and add a second one with SLI down the road?

will the PSU support 2 GPUs that are overclocked?

let me know.. thanks!

More about : questions build

March 12, 2012 5:37:31 PM

Which radeons are you looking at specificaly?
Whats your price range?
You'd be fine with the 750w PSU, but if the 850w doesn't cost much more I'd get it, more headroom.
m
l
March 12, 2012 6:04:32 PM

trapper said:
Which radeons are you looking at specificaly?
Whats your price range?
You'd be fine with the 750w PSU, but if the 850w doesn't cost much more I'd get it, more headroom.

well i was looking at the 7770. but i found a sick deal on a gtx560 8gigs of ram and battlefield 3 bundle
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
March 12, 2012 6:07:00 PM

Kempen17 said:
this is my first build. i'm just making sure of everything before i order it! :D 

Intel Core i5 2500

Zotac GeForce GTX 560ti (or possible Crossfire radeons)

Asus 3 way CrossfireX/SLI motherboard

8gb of ram

1tb westerd digital hard drive.

will a 750w power supply do the trick if i overclock my processor and graphics card(s)? or should i go with an 850w?

should i go with radeons? or the GTX 560ti and add a second one with SLI down the road?

will the PSU support 2 GPUs that are overclocked?

let me know.. thanks!

The PSU is fine as long as its a good name brand one. What is the exact mobo you're getting by the way?
As far as the GPU - I'm partial to NVidia cards even though they are power hogs at the moment. Until AMD gets a handle on their driver situation I don't need the hassles. In either case they are both coming out with new series stuff shortly so I'd wait if possible. :) 
m
l
March 12, 2012 7:46:00 PM

Also, if you want to overclock your processor, yur gonna need the i5 2500k-its unlocked :bounce: 
m
l
!