Usb device damage due to faulty usb

junkin

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011
i just bought a new mouse because my older ones got scrolling problems.so after few days the same problem in the new mouse so i replaced it and after a week same problem in the new mouse.i think my usb ports are damaging it i tried all the usb ports as i used different usb ports for all three.how do i solve this and what is causing that? and it is only affecting mouse not keyboard or other usb devices.

EnderWiggin

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2009
Did you test those bad mice on another computer? If they work fine on another PC, then you might want to try updating the chipset drivers for your (USB controller) motherboard. And you can always install the official drivers for your mouse from the manufacturer.

have you tried the new mice on another pc or laptop to see if there dead??
most time it could be older drivers that are still loaded in windows. did you uninstall the older drivers or use safe mode and a drive sweeper??

junkin

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011
already tried that and also formatted the pc..but i m not getting what is damaging my mouse.and the problem is always in the scroll,when i scroll up sometimes it scrolls up and sometimes it scrolls down,irrational fucnctionality of scrolling.