Xbox Hard drive got erased?

Cs

I turned on my Xbox the other week only to find that all my games and music
had gotten erased. What gives. Has anyone had this happen. Can you
recover. It has also been acting kind of funny(actually not funny at all)

Didn't put the Xbox near any magnet did you? Speakers and even VCRs have
magnets in them which can, over time, have a harmfull effect on magnetic
media like a hard drive.

If your Xbox hasn't been exposed to magnets, they it's possible the hard
drive just croaked. I suppose the data could be recovered but at
considerable expense. If you're out of warrantee then just replace the Xbox
and start over.

"CS" <C@S.COM> wrote in message news:39qvghF615dutU1@individual.net...
> I turned on my Xbox the other week only to find that all my games and
music
> had gotten erased. What gives. Has anyone had this happen. Can you
> recover. It has also been acting kind of funny(actually not funny at all)

Cs

I have it sitting on a stereo receiver it may have sat on a VCR but
periodically and not for too long. The time in question it was on the
stereo and no speakers within 2'

"Sean D" <nospam@nospam.ca> wrote in message
> Didn't put the Xbox near any magnet did you? Speakers and even VCRs have
> magnets in them which can, over time, have a harmfull effect on magnetic
> media like a hard drive.
>
> If your Xbox hasn't been exposed to magnets, they it's possible the hard
> drive just croaked. I suppose the data could be recovered but at
> considerable expense. If you're out of warrantee then just replace the
Xbox
> and start over.
>
> "CS" <C@S.COM> wrote in message news:39qvghF615dutU1@individual.net...
> > I turned on my Xbox the other week only to find that all my games and
> music
> > had gotten erased. What gives. Has anyone had this happen. Can you
> > recover. It has also been acting kind of funny(actually not funny at
all)

theone

Sean D wrote:
> Didn't put the Xbox near any magnet did you? Speakers and even VCRs have
> magnets in them which can, over time, have a harmfull effect on magnetic
> media like a hard drive.
>
> If your Xbox hasn't been exposed to magnets, they it's possible the hard
> drive just croaked. I suppose the data could be recovered but at
> considerable expense.

actually, i recovered from a physical failure not too long ago where my
striped array went bad.... used easy recovery pro on a partition index
that had been erased and whoila.....got over 100 gigs back in perfect
working order....so long as you have written over the data, I would
highly reccomend this software b4 paying the exorbitant cost of a hard
drive recovery service.

of course with the XFS, I doubt it would work. you might be sol on that
one. I would def. post this concern on the xbox scene formums...