Sign in with
Your question

Windows text fuzzy

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
January 11, 2012 3:48:10 PM

Hi There,

With much help (and thanks to) from nikorr, I just finished my second desktop build.

My issue is: After completing the build, getting everything installed and updated, the text (and some images) are not clear and have a 'halo' effect to it. It's to the point where you can't operate on this machine for a long period without your eyes bugging out! I have attempted to search online for answers, but no luck as of today. My screen resolution is 1920x1080, which is the recommended level for my monitor, with the connection to the computer with a HDMI connection. The Windows clear type text was of no help either.

My specs are:

Monitor- Samsung XL2370HD

OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit

MB -ASUS P8Z68-M Pro LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 BX80623I52500K

Video Card - SAPPHIRE 100323L Radeon HD 6570 1GB DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

Memory - CORSAIR XMS3 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Desktop Memory Model CMX16GX3M4A1333C9

Case - RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WBP Black 1.0mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Foldout MB Computer Case With 500W Power Supply

HDD - Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

Optical Drive - LG Black 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA Internal Blu-ray Drive Model UH12LS28 OEM LightScribe Support

Hope I've included enough info. Thanks in advance for anybody that may help!!

-Bob

More about : windows text fuzzy

a b $ Windows 7
January 11, 2012 3:58:29 PM

Did you try turning down your brightness and/or the lamp setting on your monitor?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 11, 2012 4:00:41 PM

have you tried using another cable such as DVI, have you tried plugging the monitor to another computer to see if you're experiencing the image problems? That should help you isolate the problem if its the monitor or something else
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 11, 2012 4:02:54 PM

What is your screen anyways? Some of them have "computer mode" "TV mode" and "cinema mode" and if you set it to computer mode it should be fine. Cinema mode is usually what gives a "halo" effect.
m
l
January 11, 2012 6:21:48 PM

skaz and Chainzsaw- it was a combination of your replies that got me to a comfortable screen setting. I didn't really mess with the screen settings before today, I had it in my head that it was probably a comp/card issue.

alvine- I never realized how good the pic was until I tried going back to a DVI connection- not doing that again :) 

Thank you all for your help, it's much appreciated!
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 11, 2012 6:30:24 PM

BFog said:
skaz and Chainzsaw- it was a combination of your replies that got me to a comfortable screen setting. I didn't really mess with the screen settings before today, I had it in my head that it was probably a comp/card issue.

alvine- I never realized how good the pic was until I tried going back to a DVI connection- not doing that again :) 

Thank you all for your help, it's much appreciated!

Yep, DVI or HDMI are the best to use!
m
l
April 7, 2012 5:07:56 PM

Hi,friends!i own a XFX AMD HD 6570 and i found the answer in the net.The card has very low idle of 100 Mz Core clock and 150 memo clock,when is not well loaded - below 10%. There was a way to change the speed when you open the profile settings in your account under the local settings and application data - ATI folder.You have to open the profile with text editor or browser and change the core clock idle speed and memo idle speed.I change mine to 600 Mz core and 650 Mz memo and the blurring of the letters and flicking lines in the middle of the screen disappeared!!!Good luck!!!
m
l
!